HTR: Chapter 3~ Like A Robot

RECAP:

Of course; how could it get much worse? Well, at least he had the decency to feel slightly embarrassed. I sighed and began to walk, Kyle trailing behind me. A speeding car suddenly appeared in my line of vision, causing me to yelp a warning to Kyle and jump to the side. I shrieked in horror as the truck blared its horn, swerving to the side at the last second. Mud splattered all over me as I tripped over the curb in my worry, ruining the dress that Cynthia had loaned me. The worst part was, I had landed in an ant pile, and literally had ants in my leggings.

          I yelped in panic and pain as the ants began to bite me as I scrambled up, slapping myself to kill them. With my luck, they would be fire ants.

“OW!”

Yep, I had a lot of luck today.

Chapter 3~ Face Squashing Obsession

Cynthia glanced at me to Kyle to me to Kyle to me to Kyle. Back, and forth, and back, and forth.

          “Oh gosh, just say something already!” I snapped, scowling at Cyn and Mandy, looking perfect as ever with glossed lips, straight, shiny hair, and French manicures, whereas I probably looked like a gigantic bump with ant bite lumps, a mud-splattered dress, bloddied nose, and mad-scientist hair. Great comparisons.

          “Okay, I’ll say something,” Mandy offered up. “You look terrible, Chevy, really.” I glared at her.

          “Why thanks. That dress looks like a pumpkin on you,” I said. It actually looked great, and Mandy knew it. The light, creamy orange color flattered her tan skin, slim figure, and brown hair. She smirked at me. Cynthia suddenly blurted out, “So, did you too kiss?”

          I stared in horror at her. “NO!”

          She sighed. “Well, there’s always next date, right?”

          My mouth opened and closed like a drowning fish. “Um, I don’t think there WILL be a next date!”

          Mandy’s over exaggerated gasp was the only sound.

          “A-are you breaking up with me?” Kyle asked, turning to me with an expressionless face, and something behind it that I couldn't read. What, I didn't like being around jocks. I can't read their faces.

          I took a deep breath, then as I was about to tell him to beat it, I saw Cyn and Mandy high-fiving, making a cha-chink sign at me behind Kyle’s back. Cyn mouthed something like, “three hundred bucks, man”. And I did something I just knew I would regret. I was too prideful at times.

          “No way, honey. There's going to be many more dates." I kissed him on the lips. Some people say that their date’s lips are soft and taste wonderful. Kyle’s tasted like sweat and spicy chicken, which was an EWW combination. He smelled like mud, sweat, turf, and shoe cleaner, the bad kind. Plus the blood from my nose, which still hadn't let up. I knew from Cynthia and Amanda’s shocked faces that I had gotten myself into a mess that would not end well.

          This was officially one of the worst days ever. Plus, it was one of my worst choices. You know, besides accepting that stupid bet. Even I couldn’t dig myself out of this mess. I was going to end up miserable with Kyle, and it had only been one day into the month.

          “Wake up, sleepyhead!”

“I’m up,” I mumbled to get the mysterious and annoying chirpy voice out of my ear.

“No, you’re not! Wake up, sleepyhead!”

“I’m up.”

“Wake up!”