Twenty Six

AUTHORS NOTE:
Hi guys, sorry about the really late update. This is kind of writers block mixed in with life just going from turtle speed to rabbit. I was accepted into an "Ivy League" university and had to do an internship over the summer. Anyways it's been constant hard work and effort and co op applications and my writing just had to keep getting pushed further and further back. But! This summer I will have a break and I do hope to complete VEUX, that is a promise. It's what helps me get to sleep at night, it's all I day dream about but then I go to write and just can't. I also want to apologize for my lack of interaction with you guys. I usually try to answer as many questions or respond to as many comments as I possibly can, but recently my life has just been far too busy for that. Regardless, I still appreciate all of the love you guys have given this half finished story. Those who comment, vote, and even those who don't, I love you all so much and wouldn't be as inspired to keep going with this story if it weren't for you guys... so enjoy! Next update will hopefully be not as long of a wait (:

March 3

When Saoirse awoke, her skin was hot and clammy. The room had since darkened, with blinds recently pulled down and hiding the collecting snowflakes beyond the window. In a single drum of her heart, she had shot up and slid her fingers between the boards until their heat stuck to the glass, her gaze peering down at the frozen ground. Only then did she begin to calm, but her temperature remained.

Saoirse glanced suspiciously over her shoulder on her left to where Obsidian sat. His dark eyes hadn't strayed from her once in the process. She huffed erratically while observing him, and the stance of his posture. She had been near him, asleep and vulnerable, yet the understanding of him so close to her didn't frighten her at all. In fact, she felt a strange sense of safety wash over her, lathering her up and making her mind foggy. There was something in her blood that didn't let her fear the man that had threatened Eye's life just hours ago.

Tearing her eyes from his, Saoirse cleared her throat as she moved from the edge of the bed. Her brain payed little attention to the details of his room, no ounce of care in her spared, and she made sure to twist the lock on his bathroom door. Saoirse sunk to the seat of the toilet to relieve what had woken her up in the first place. As she did so, a thumb sized puddle of blood in her pants caught her attention.

"God dammit," She muttered to herself.

Down the inside of the porcelain, a stain from one red droplet confirmed her accusation. Kicking her pants off and quickly calculating what to do next, Saoirse wrapped one of the towels off the rack around her waist. She cracked the door open, Obsidian in her direct sight. At the sound of the door unlatching, his gaze became trained on hers again.

"I need tampons."

Thoughts crossed Obsidian's face, even without a muscle beneath his skin flexing. All it took were his eyelids to lower for Saoirse to notice his inhale.

"Disgusting, don't smell me."

"Now?" Guilt couldn't touch him as Obsidian's orbs met his mates once again, very aware of the actions he'd just pursued.

"Yes, now." Saoirse grumbled in response.

Obsidian's thoughts were slow, halted by the image of her waist wrapped in that towel, prisoner to the sound of her voice so rich and drunk with slumber. Her ferocity was so infuriating as she disrespected him, but also so sexy as she stood there so effortlessly beautiful.

"I'll get on it." Obsidian reached for his cellphone placed not an inch away from his lap.

Without so much as a thank you, Saoirse shut the door again firmly, only calming her nerves once the lock had been spun.