Ten

November 23

Snip. Snip. Snip.

"How's that?" Eye asks, collecting the fallen material from the floor.

Saoirse uncrossed her arms, stretching them gently in front of herself. The exposure of her back in the hole Eye had just cut from her t shirt left her in relief. Finally there was no fabric constantly catching against the ridges along her back, ripping them wider apart.

Nodding, Saoirse turned and faced him. Still, he was shirtless. She figured he would be for as long as it took him to heal. The scorching pain after training wasn't bearable, but still she could not enter her room without Oracle's permission nor shift to heal herself. She felt everything he felt, and so she understood.

Eye returned the scissors into the kitchen drawer, tossing the oval of cloth into a bin. "Are you hungry?" He asks.

"Not really," She told him. She didn't think she could stomach anything with recent events.

"You should eat," He insists.

Instead of looking at him, Saoirse leant her elbow over the window sill. She longed for the summer, for the warmth of the pretty flowers and budding trees. Her breath fogged against the glass, so she moved away.

Eye was turned in the doorway, frozen still like a movie. His chest barely rose as she had to use sensitive hearing to listen to his breath. "Eye—"

"Go to your room."

His tone was dead serious, yet Saoirse's confusion made her immobile. She waited a couple seconds longer. "I can't. You know I can't."

"I'm only going to tell you once, Saoirse."

He moved to make the tiniest opening in the doorway, which Saoirse was forced to pass through. Eye walked hot on her heels as she moved into the main hall, constantly glancing behind herself at him. When it came to between the stairwell towards the rooms and the front doors, Eye stopped his pace.

"Go." He instructed Saoirse's hesitancy, his usually calm aura now alarmed, encouraging her steps up the stairs.

When Saoirse reached the stop step to glance down at him again, Eye had disappeared. She tried not to think too much of it, continuing down the stoney tiled hall. She figured she would just stand outside of her room, waiting for whatever set off Eye to be over.

Unfortunately, Saoirse didn't make it that far. As she turned the corner to her hallway, a man striding towards her glued her feet into the ground. He was unlike anything she'd ever seen before, which was a weird sensation considering he mirrored the reflection of Oracle.

This man was tall, too tall for a man to be of reasonable height. His skin found a way to be darker than hers, which she thought was nearly impossible. Perfect waves ran up the side of his head, complimenting his beard that chiseled his jaw further. He had a grit in his teeth to match the fiery look in his eyes, and by the time Saoirse had taken two steps backwards, he had already reached her.

In shock, Saoirse let him touch her. Let his warm, large hands find her face, tucking her hair behind her ears and cupping her jaw.

"So stunning," He mumbled, the words tumbling past his plush lips like he'd meant to keep them to himself.

At his voice, the rich timbres that made Saoirse's knees quake in something other than fear, she forced herself to take a step back.

He's the one who turned you.

Eye's voice was vibrant in her brain, repeating over and over as she committed every single detail of this sinful male's face into memory.

He stepped forward again, lifting his large hands only to Saoirse's waist. They found the cut in her shirt, trespassing until his fingertips met the skin of her love handles. Her back shivered, hairs raising in goosebumps as she practically melted in his arms.