Cocky Irishman

It was raining, fairly heavily, when you walked down the street. It was getting dark, and all your thoughts were focused on getting home. You noticed a man walking slightly behind you. "Sorry, would you like my coat? You look a bit cold." he said, noticing how the rain had soaked your clothes. 

You hesitated, he seemed nice. "Oh, thanks." 

He swung it off his shoulders, and handed it to you. "It's no trouble!" he said. 

You pulled it on, snuggling into its warm folds. It smelt of tea. "Aren't you going to be cold?" you asked. 

He shook his head, walking beside you. "Oh I'll be alright!" 

You both turned into a side street, when a voice said behind you. 

"Sherrinford, been a long time, huh? Five years?" 

It was a soft, Irish accent, and you turned, seeing a man standing there in a suit. His hands were sitting lazily in his pockets. Sherrinford froze, and then slowly looked behind him. 

"Five years, and you never came back to say 'hello'." the Irishman said, his dark eyes twinkling with mischief. 

Still, Sherrinford did not reply. 

"Coooome on now, don't be rude

"Coooome on now, don't be rude. Why didn't you come see me?" the dark haired man asked, walking forward. 

"You locked me up in an Asylum for four years, you didn't think I would come running back now, did you?" Sherrinford responded calmly, but there was a iciness in his tone. 

"Who is he?" you asked, glancing at Sherrinford. 

"Jim Moriarty. Hiiii!" said Jim, smiling. He went forward, took your hand and kissed it. "So lovely to meeeet you." then he turned to Sherrinford. "We both know that the Asylum wasn't the only reason you never came back. Remember poor Maggie? Whoopsie, that was a bit of a mistake." 

Sherrinford grabbed Jim by the lapels of his suit, and slammed him against the wall. "Shut up!" 

Jim pulled a face. "You hurt me, Mr. Holmes, and this whole street goes boom!" 

Sherrinford let him go, stepping back, his mouth twisted in a look of disgust. 

Jim brushed his jacket off. "Did you know what she said before she diiied?" 

"Stop it." Sherrinford said through clenched teeth. 

What are they talking about, you thought.

Jim pulled out his phone. "Oh look! I have a recording, how convenient." He pressed a button on the phone screen. 

Crying

Crying. That's what the recording was of, heartbreaking sobs. Then something else, Moriarty's voice. "Do you know why you're going to die, Maggie dear?", then a woman's voice. "Don't take my child."
Moriarty: "Of I won't, don't worry. No, you're going to diiie, because Sherrinford can't save you. Oh you should have heard him...all that begging, but you will still die."
 Maggie: "You waste your time trying to scare me, James."
 Moriarty: *laughing* oh, I'm not trying to scare you, I'm just recording this, so one day, Sherrinford can see what a mistake he made. Kill her."
Maggie: "*screaming, and then silence*". 

Sherrinford's hands were shaking. "Damn you." 

"And then she died, theee enddd." Jim Moriarty smiled, tilting his head. 

Sherrinford pulled the gun out of his pocket, aiming it at the Irishman's head. 

"If you fire that, you will die." Jim said, his voice full of amusement. 

"And so will you." Sherrinford replied. 

"And everyone in the whoole street." Jim said, and started laughing. "I warned you." 

Sherrinford cocked the trigger...

You?