Chapter 1: The Beginning

Lucy's POV

It was the first day of my second year in college! Me and all of my lovely friends decided to all transfer to Fiore's School for Everyone, or FSFE. It has elementary school, middle school, high school, college, and graduates school. We all decided to transfer here so we could all be at the same place. And since Mirajane works at the school, she made it so that we all have the same schedule. This school was weird. Anyone who is in elementary and middle school can share the same classes and anyone in high school or above can share the same classes. I loved that! This is the schedule:

8:15-8:30 Homeroom

8:30- 9:30 Math

9:30- 10:30 Science

10:30- 11:30 History/Writing

11:30- 12:15 Free Time

12:15- 1:15 Theatre Arts

1:15- 2:15 PE= Physical Education= Gym

2:15- 3:15 Art

3:15- 4:15 Free Period

FSFE really didn't like history or writing so they just smashed them together. It was so weird... but everything about this place was weird. The school was so cheap that they didn't even have enough money to make a seperate bathroom for girls and boys. Yep... the bathrooms are shared... Urinals in the bathroom... I guess I'm never using those bathrooms! They are also so cheap that they couldn't just hire separate teachers for each grade level! I got my schedule and left my house. School wasn't that far away. It was about a 10-15 minute walk. When I walked out, I saw Natsu.

"Hey, Natsu!" I say to him. He turned around and I saw him holding Lisanna's hand.

"Hi, Lisanna!" I say. They had been dating for about... a year I think. I felt so happy for her! I always call her Lisa, since her name is way too long for lazy me. Lisanna was still a friend to me. We got along so well! But I have to say, ever since she started dating Natsu, he always wanted to spend less time with me. It was like he was avoiding me.

*flashback*

"Hey! Wanna watch a movie?" I ask Natsu right when I walk in.

"Nah, I'm going to watch a movie with Lisanna." He replied.

"Oh... How about I come with you guys? I'll pay for my own ticket!" I say, still excited. I wonder which movie we're gonna watch! Juvia got me into musicals and romantic movies. Levy got me into documentaries and Erza got me into sport, mystery, and horror movies. I had the best friends!

"No. We are going alone. That's it. I have to go pick up Lisanna now." Natsu says. Was he angry? If he was, why?

"Did I do something wrong?" I say. He then left and slammed the door.

*end of flashback*

I still don't know what I did wrong... Did I just lose my best friend to my other friend? I then start running towards school. Once I reached an alley, I stopped and cried. I did lose my best friend. He was never going to be my friend again. Ever since I was 5... we did everything together. We were like two pieces of tape. Now- I'm not that piece of tape. Lisanna is. I continued to cry until I saw people walking past. I wiped the tears off my face and continued to walk to school. Today better be a good day.

Natsu's POV

I didn't know why Lucy started running to school.

"Hey, wanna go to my place after school? I have a feeling we'll have a lot of homework and that you'll need to help me." I tried to concentrate on her words, but I could only think about Lucy. I thought about all the possible reasons on why she ran. Maybe she was just excited to go to this new school.