Chapter 22: Stubborn Is My Nickname

I'm in front of my mirror looking at my reflection. I'm finally wearing the dress that Amanda and I bought. I only applied, face powder and a little lipstick. I don't really apply make up, or should I say.. I would never apply make up in my face! Not now.. Not ever!

My phone rings. It's James!

"Hey!" I answered happily.

I heard him letting out a breath.

"Hey Princess.. Jeric will pick you up tonight.."

"Why? I thought you are gonna pick me up tonight?" I asked.

"I know.. I'm sorry. Mom called and.. she's sick.. I have to be with her.. I'm so sorry.." he explained.

"It's okay.." I let out a deep breath, "I understand.."

"Are you sure?" He asked concernly.

"I'm sure.." I assured him.

"Okay then, have a goodnight! Enjoy the party.. remember, No Drinks! Promise me that Princess.."

"I promise.. Dad!" I laugh. But hey! That was just what my Dad told me.

"Okay, I'll call every minute! Keep safe! Love you.." Then he cut the line, well not literally of course!

That's weird? He never hangs up that fast! Well, maybe he's just in a hurry..

"Beth? Jeric's here!" Mom called downstairs.

I took my blue wedge on my drawer and put it on. I took a one last look in my mirror and grabbed my blue purse in my bed.

When I was on my way downstairs, Mom and Dad were looking at me at the end of the stairs.

"Mom? Dad? you okay?" I asked them, narrowing my eyebrows.

"You look beautiful Honey!" Dad blurted out.

"Thanks Dad.." I kissed his cheeks.

"Enjoy the night Sweetie.." Mom kissed my forehead.

"Mr. & Mrs. Carlos is she--" Jeric stopped and looked at me, his mouth wide-opened. "Wow B! Is that.. you?"

"What do you think?"

He shook his head.

I rolled my eyes, "Let's go.. Bye Mom!Dad!" I grabbed his arms and drag him to the door, "You're drooling, by the way.." I joked.

"Oh, sorry.." He wiped his mouth.

I stopped walking and faced him "Wait! So, you really are.. drooling?" I asked curiously.

He nooded, "Want proof?" He showed me his hand with a little wet! I guess it's just his sweat.. well whatever! He's gross!

I slapped his hand, "Ew! You.. Maniac!"

"Ow! Stop hitting me woman!" he rubbed his arm and chuckle!

That Bastard!

I walked outside faster, "I hate you Dewis!"

"This person you're hating will drive you to Amanda's place tonight, young lady!" He blocks my way. "Say you love me!"

"What?!"

"I won't drive you home tonight, if you won't say you love me!" His arms acrossed his chest.

"No way! You told James that you'll be driving me tonight!"

"No pretty girl! I didn't told James that I'll be driving you tonight! He asked for it!" He retorted and wiggle his eyebrows.

"Why are you doing this?"