ten: Antonio Gonzalez

The feeling of a comfy bed came back to me as nostalgia. Don't tell me Javaad did something again and messed up. I excitedly opened eyes and I saw a white ceiling (as always) with a single light bulb on it. And there was air conditioning, judging the temperature and the loud noise of the air condition. I was engulfed in fluffy warm sheets and the sun was already shining outside as its light enters the room.

When I sat up, I saw that it was just like any other room. Like a grown up's room. No posters, no action figures. Nothing. Just weird vases and other ornaments that would make it look like manly. This guy had lived a sad life, considering how sad his room looks. I went to the bathroom on instinct. The bathroom is huge, just the same size as the main room. It has marble sinks and even has a bathtub. You can basically sleep in this bathroom. I closed the door and when I looked at the mirror, I could feel my face was not naturally white. It was white but it looked weird and unfit of its features: short nose, black hair, wide eyes and maybe the average height. It's a miracle that I don't have wrinkles or something. I opened the cabinet near the mirror and I stumbled upon some anti-depressants and other psychiatric drugs. Even this guy has some problems? What could he be experiencing?

 Even this guy has some problems? What could he be experiencing?

Sam, meet Antonio Gonzalez. You're in the Philippines right now, in the country's capital, Manila. Your family is one of the prominent (there's just so many prominent families than yours) families when it comes to family businesses. Your father is the CEO and owner of Treetops Corporation, one of the biggest manufacturers and distributers of quality school supplies here in the Philippines. Well, your life's fine and all but there only a bit of a problem. You're actually a transgender queer.

A what? I'm a what?

Transgender queer, Sam. I think you know what a transgender is.

Don't trans genders go through surgery or sex reassignment?

Yeah, but not all. Some trans genders can't change their biological genders because it's still considered taboo here in the Philippines. Plus, his dad is a huge homophobic so things wouldn't go smoothly if he did re-assign himself.

This sounds like a TV series. A guy is suppressed because his father wouldn't give him any freedom. Tragic. My task here, exactly? I couldn't possibly turn this situation around to his favor. It will get him killed either way.

Well, Aaron doesn't exactly want you to accomplish anything. He just wants to make you feel miserable and bad about himself. This is one of the reasons why he tipped us to go here, for you to finish your task.

Bad about myself? Why is that...

A phone call interrupted my thoughts. I went out of the bathroom and saw the caller ID. It was from someone called Patsy. I answered the phone.