.Rise and Fall. (20)

Start from the beginning

I closed my eyes only to see his dark eyes once again before I drifted off into complete darkness.

.

I stood still.

My everyday morning smile disappeared when I saw blonde hair instead of brown ones.

I rubbed my eyes couple of times to make sure I was seeing right. Definitely it was him, leaning against 'my' locker with his hands tucked inside his only color pants he ever wear, black. Smooth blond hair rested messily on his forehead sticking in the right places. Black leather jacket above his thin white t-shirt and brown boots finished his bad boy look.

Beautiful even with all the scars sculpted on his face with a defined sharp jawline. He looked lost in thought with his full lips pouted in the corner, staring straight into the space without even having the slightest hint of how attractive he looked and how many girls he made drool over him as they passed by. Me included.

I pushed that stupid thought aside shaking my head to clear my mind before taking steps towards my locker. He stood straight making room for me open my locker, watching my every move without a word once he realised I was there.

Before I could question him what he wanted early in the morning from me, a familiar voice called, "Ser?" I fished out my book for the first class and turn to look at the guy with brown eyes full of questions. He narrowed his eyes on me probably waiting for an explanation. But nothing came out of my opening and closing goldfish like mouth.

So, he turn to Nickel, "What a douche like you is doing with her?"

"A douche like me is walking her to the class", the bad boy replied coldly. Which made Salvor laugh. Was he trying to get himself killed? I mean, no one dares to laugh at him.

Sal brought his arms around my shoulder and pulled me into him, "Dude we walk to class together ALWAYS. And find someone else to calm down your little boy under your pants. Stay. Away. From. Her".

His grip tighten on my shoulder making me squirm. While Nickel looked like a ticking bomb, ready to blast any moment close. His jaw cleanched and hands balled into fists turning his knuckles white. If only looks could kill and something that goes along that line. His eyes went dark. Darker than they already were.

I couldn't move or think when his eyes finally landed on mine and they...they actually soften, "Are you coming or not?", he asked trying his best to control his anger.

Like before I open and closed my mouth like a goldfish. As much as I wanted to go with him, I didn't want to ditch Salvor for that. Not able to take his intense glare anymore, I brought my eyes down as I shook my head no. Then he turned around and took steps away, which increased my heartbeat. The crowd we attracted which I didn't notice until now broke into hushed whispers. Whispers, that will travel around the school hall for a week.

.

Salvor went on lecturing me about staying away from the bad boy or the results I have to face later on and honestly I didn't pay a bit interest in it. He was right. Every word he said about 'him' was right. But it just didn't feel right inside me. I was getting edgy, trying my best to stop myself from defending the wrong person who tried to take Salvor's place.

Somehow I controlled my raging heart. He didn't have the right to judge him without knowing what he actually went through his life. Maybe he had some real bad memories with his brother's death and that has something to do with his cold dark nature and the reason why he shut himself out from the world outside. I couldn't blame Sal fully too, since I had the same share my fault.

I sighed and took a seat at the corner of the library. I took the worksheets out that my english teacher, Mr. Matt gave and I was ready to kill the time for the free period by solving. But before I could even start the first question another familiar voice rang through the silent walls of the library.

"SAY SORRY ASSHOLE."

I didn't want another drama for the day at least. And for pete's sake, its library. I ran to the place from where my best friend's voice boomed in and only to see Zac throwing deadly glares at her while she did the same standing only inches away from him. The librarian, Ms Maya stood still terrified looking at the two person almost near to snatching away each other's face. I tried taking slow steps towards Sarah. Someone had to stop them or one of them. Before I could reach her, Zac pushed her against the bookshelf harshly caging her small body with his big one.

"I don't say SORRY", he stated gritting his teeth. The Sarah who looked intimidating few seconds ago looked scared and small in front of him now.

I felt useless of a friend just standing. What would Sarah do if I was in her place? Definitely, she'd help. Thinking that I controlled my racing heart somehow and walked to him. What could get worst? He'd scream at me too. Just like his best friend Nickel, his temper gets the best in him and he loses it, I knew that all along. I kept my hand hestitantly on his arm as I barely found my voice, "P-please... Let h-her go."

"STAY AWAY", he screamed pushing me and the next I know is, I'm on the ground. Luckily I didn't hit anything. Ms Maya gasped encountering the scene silently. Being bad boys and having rich parents let them get away with everything. Sarah's eyes widened when her eyes meet mine.

"Serena", she yelled yet concerned her voice. That made Zac bolt away from her and stared at me. I couldn't stand up because my ankle hurt like hell. Sarah ran to me as Zac ran his hands through his jet black hair muttering something inside his mouth before he dashed away.

"Why did you do that Ser? He could've hurt you badly", she asked trying to help me stand up but I fell back and Ms Maya rushed to help too.

"I couldn't just stand and look at him hurt you Sar. I'm alright. Nothing hurts... except my right ankle. Just a little bit", I said giving her a reassuring smile to let her know that I'm alright ignoring the pain I felt from my right leg.

She rolled her eyes at me knowing all the way I was lying to her, "I'll take you to the nurse." Then she turn to look at Ms. Maya and asked, "Could you please help me to take her to the nurse?"

She nodded her head instantly. They both help me to stand up on my one leg and we walked out of the library. We made our way through the hallway and then took a turn towards the medical room but before we could enter...

SHIT!

*******
Vote.Comment.Share