[12] sparkle like a disco ball

IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME, LADDIES

IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME, LADDIES. ENJOY.

☣ ☣ ☣

CHAPTER TWELVE - SPARKLE LIKE A DISCO BALL

WHEN LAURA SWAN had stepped out of Edward's car at school the next day, it had caught everyone by surprise. Students were used to seeing her talk to them during lessons, but this was the first time she had came to school with them.

She was walking insecurely between Edward and Rosalie, with Alice, Jasper, Nathan and Emmett walking behind them. Rosalie and Alice had joined Laura in the guest bedroom for the night, swapping their experiences and war stories. The two girls had become the bestest friends that Laura could ask for, she wouldn't change a thing about them.

The group of supernatural beings hung out at the edge of the parking lot, waiting until the warning bell rang so that they could go inside. Laura had been dreading the arrival of her sister ever since the incident. She didn't want Bella to think any differently of her even though she know knew the secret she had been keeping from her for so long.

But alas, Bella's beaten red truck soon pulled up and she clambered out, avoiding eye contact with both Laura and Nathaniel, walking straight passed them into the woods. Nathan was fast to follow after the brunette. Laura knew that Bella would act different around her, but it didn't hurt her feelings any less.

"Are you going to follow them?" Edward asked Laura after seeing the look on her face. He rested his arm on the roof of his car behind her head as he waited for her reply.

Laura shook her head, "No. She needs time to come to terms with what she saw. And besides, Nate has gone to talk to her. A vampire and a zombie being there all at once would be too hard to handle."

"Fair point." He laughed, moving his arm so that it was now resting on her shoulders. She couldn't help but feel warmer inside, finally knowing how she felt about him. Laura leaned into his embrace subconsciously, taking in his scent with a deep breath. "She will forgive you, you're her sister and she loves you."

"God, I hope so." The pale blonde murmured, staring into the woods where her sister disappeared with Nathan. She could only hope that Bella was in safe hands.

"She will accept you. I saw it." Alice piped up, pulling the girl into a quick side hug. "Don't worry."

Laura sighed in relief and cleared her throat, choosing to look at Edward instead. "You know what? Let's just skip, please. I don't wanna deal with Jess' incessant whining about her plans for prom with the all-so-great Mike Newton."

"Sure." He smiled, directing her back to his car, helping her into the passenger seat. Her lips curved upwards again as she strapped the seat belt over her torso and he joined her, turning on the engine.

He took her to the secluded cliff where they laid down in silence on the soft green grass, staring at each other with nothing but contentness. Edward took this as a time to start asking questions.