[10] the truth is out

☣ ☣ ☣   

  ☣ ☣ ☣   

CHAPTER TEN - THE TRUTH IS OUT

EDWARD SOON SUGGESTED that he should take Laura home because it was getting darker by the minute. She agreed easily wit the idea, she knew how much her dad worried when she was out at night. As they were driving back through the quiet town, a large truck drove by carrying a very familiar boat strapped onto the trailer. It triggered a vision almost instantly.

Waylon was listening to his Walkman from his headphones, singing along happily as he tinkered with his boat. He jumped from a sudden noise.

"Hello?" Waylon called out cautiously, scratching his nose. He looked around and pulled his headphones down onto his neck to listen better. "Joe?"

Waylon leaned down and started the engine to his boat, quickly detaching the rope from to dock. A red headed woman appeared out of nowhere and grabbed the boat, pulling it back with strength that wasn't humanly possible. Laura couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"Oh, hello." Waylon greeted with a smirk, looking at the woman. 

A blonde man soon jumped from the beams on the ceiling and into the boat, his body language threatening. "Nice jacket."

"Who are you?"

"It's always the same inane questions." The blonde said eerily with a creepy head tilt. "Who are you?"

"What you want?" The red head added.

"Why are you doing this?" The blonde continued. A dark skinned man appeared on the boat in a blur, sitting down calmly. Laura could see now that they all had hungry red eyes, but nothing like the ones that she had in zombie mode. somehow, she found theirs much more frightening.

"James, let's not play with our food." He tutted. The red head kicked Waylon, forcing him to fall backwards before the three of them pounced on him, biting into his flesh and draining him of all his blood. This led Laura to believe that they were vampires. If they were zombies, they would have cracked his skull open.

Laura gasped as she finally came to her senses, her surroundings going back to normal. Edward had stopped the car on the side of the road and was looking at her worriedly, it was obvious that he had tried to snap her out of her daze by shaking her shoulders as his hands were still gripping them. She barely even registered how cold they were.

"Laura? Are you alright? You've been staring into space for about five minutes." Edward asked, concerned for his blood singer. She had the same look on her face as Alice did when she got visions, but Edward shot the thought down. Laura was human, she couldn't have visions to that extent.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just uh- had a really strange déjà vu. That's all, nothing to worry about." She lied. Edward nodded not quite sure he believed her and then started the car again, taking her home.