[09] smooth

☣ ☣ ☣ 

  ☣ ☣ ☣ 

CHAPTER NINE - SMOOTH

BELLA DROPPED HER backpack roughly on the ground after the two sisters made it home, Laura rolled her eyes at her over-exaggerated actions. The brunette was still in a bad mood from her spat with Nathaniel.

Laura had had quite a pleasant bus ride back to school and had gotten to know Alice Cullen in more depth than she had before. The pixie haired teenager had officially proclaimed that they were best friends from that day forth, Laura had just smiled and nodded along absentmindedly as she stared at the back of Edward's head while he sat in front of them with Nate.

 Charlie was reading a newspaper at the table when he glanced up at them. "Your mom called. Again."

"Well, that's your fault. You shouldn't have told her about the 'almost' accident." Bella retorted, grabbing Charlie's empty plate of food and taking it to the sink. "You finished?"

"Yeah." Their dad quipped, taking a sip of his beer. "Yeah, I suppose you're right. She always did know how to worry. She seems different. She seems happy. Phil sounds like an alright guy."

"Yeah, he is. But he's nothing compared to you, dad. You know that you're always my first choice." Laura assured, wrapping an arm around his shoulders and giving him a reassuring squeeze.

"Thanks, L. You know I love you both, right?"

Bella didn't say anything and walked out of the room. Laura sighed before replying, "Always. Now finish your beer and get an early night, dad. You have work in the morning."

"All right."

  ☣ ☣ ☣  

The girls walked into the cafeteria at the beginning of lunch on Friday afternoon and over to where their friends were, but not before catching sight of the Cullen boys who quickly averted their gaze.

"Hey." Jessica greeted.

"La Push, baby. You in?" Eric asked with a cheeky grin, looking at both of the Swans.

"Should I know what that means?" Bella questioned cluelessly.

"It's a beach down at the Quileute Rez." Laura informed.

"We're all going tomorrow." Mike added.

"Yeah, there's this big swell coming in." Jessica piped in, putting her fork in her mouth.

"And I don't just surf the internet." Eric said as he mimicked surfing on a surfboard.

"Eric, you stood up one, and it was on a foam board."

"But there's whale watching too." Angela spoke up, deciding that she should finally join into the conversation. "Come with us."

"La Push, baby. It's La Push."