PART 28 - IT WAS HIM

Hola Everyone

It's Sunday and I am back with the next update😀😀😀!!! Apologies for the delay as I was caught up with my work

Thank you everyone for the votes & comments, Thank you for encouraging me, really means a lot.🙂🙂🙂

Without further ado here's the next part, Hope you like it.

******************

"DEV"

As soon as Sonakshi saw the caller id. she was left shocked beyond her wits, for a moment she wondered it was her DEV but then her logical mind chided her for thinking so, it might be someone else for there were so many people with the same name in the world but then who could make her heart understand the same, why did it feel that it might be the person she was yearning for all these days, what if it indeed was her Dev, she needed to find it out for her own peace. All these days slowly her hope of finding Dev was dwindling but right now she felt this was the light she was searching at the end of the dark tunnel, the oasis in the middle of the desert or that needle that she was trying to find in the haystack, so lost was she in her thoughts that she did not see Gayatri approaching her, she was surprised to see her phone in Sonakshi's hand which had stopped ringing by now.

"Excuse me Dr. Bose Can I have my phone please" she said but Sonakshi seemed to have not heard it as she was still lost in her thoughts.

"Excuse me Dr. Bose" said Gayatri this time a bit louder which seemed to have to broken Sonakshi's trance "Huh, Sorry" she said as Gayatri gestured at her hand which was holding her phone as Sonakshi realized what she was alluding to "I am sorry, Actually the phone was ringing" said Sonakshi as Gayatri nodded and said "It's alright" though her voice was a bit cold which Sonakshi did not miss as she wondered why it was so while Gayatri saw at the missed calls and was left shocked that it was Dev who had called her, she hoped that Sonakshi did not ask any questions about the caller.

"It was nice meeting you Dr. Bose, I need to get going" she said as she turned to leave, she wanted to leave before Sonakshi could any question.

"Same here" said Sonakshi but the very next moment something stuck her "But how did you know that I am a Doctor?" she asked as Gayatri stopped in her track, she knew she had to answer carefully else Sonakshi could start asking her some uncomfortable questions.

"Wo...I had seen your name on the invitation" she said as Sonakshi smiled at her and asked, "By the way who is Dev?" she asked as Gayatri was left tongue-tied but composing herself she calmly answered "He is my son" she said as Sonakshi's face fell a little, though it was not the truth it was not far away from it either, all these years had indeed made Gayatri's and Dev's relationship similar to that of a mother and son.

"By the way I need to get going, It was nice meeting you Dr.Sonakshi" she said as Sonakshi reciprocated with the same as Gayatri quickly left the venue so as to avoid Sonakshi, but Sonakshi felt something was amiss, she needed to know more about Gayatri as she quickly dialled a number.

******************

The constant buzz of the phone broke Sonakshi's slumber, as she looked at the caller id. she immediately picked up the call and said "Yes Avinash, did you find something?" she asked. Last night after her meeting with Gayatri at the Conference Sonakshi had called Avinash, Dev's friend in the police department who had helped them solve Ayan's and Khatri's case. Being a close friend of Dev, he had put all his efforts to find out about his friend.

"Yes Bhaabi, I have sent you a couple of photos" he said as Sonakshi quickly opened his message and was left shocked seeing the photos, it was the photos of Dev and Gayatri. One taken 4 yrs. ago at the conference where they met for the first time and the next photo seemed to be a recent one.