PART 9 - THE BITTER TRUTH (PART-2)

Hola Everyone

Surprised😀😀😀 !!!! I am here with an early update, the reason for which I have mentioned at the end of this part.

Thank you everyone for the votes & comments, Thank you for encouraging me, really means a lot. Though a few more votes would not hurt 🙂🙂🙂. Without further adieu here's the next part.

*****

As everyone stood flabbergasted with the decision of the sisters, it was Mamaji who recovered first observing the broken state of his sister. He knew his sister had done her fair share of mistakes which had wrecked her son's life, yet he could not see the pain her sister was going through. She was already devastated with the news of Dev leaving their lives forever and now her daughters were abandoning her. He could not let this happen especially not now when she was already suffering for her misdeeds. He went towards Ishwari who had slumped on to the floor after hearing the decision of her daughters, he held her shoulders and made her sit on the sofa. After making her drink water, he turned towards the girls.

"Ye tum teeno kya keh rahi ho bachiyon, Aisey koi apney Maa se rishta todta hai kya?" he asked the girls who were standing morosely, even they were feeling miserable that life had put them in a situation where they had to take such a decision but then again, they had to do it for their brother, the brother who had always supported them, fulfilled all their wishes and had given them unconditional love. All they wanted was justice for him, for all the pains and sufferings that he had faced in last seven years for the mistakes which he did not even commit, and they felt this was right way. It was also their way of lessening the guilt which they were feeling for indirectly being the reason for their brother's miseries and for ignoring his pains for the last seven years. This was the least they could do for him.

"Aur Mamaji, Jo Maa ne bhaiya ke saath kiya wo? Uss key liye hum Maa ko kaisey maaf kar de?" it was Nikki who replied on behalf of her sisters. She was agitated that their mother had wronged her brother who was a father figure to her and her Sona Di who was her best friend.

"Dekho beta, Tum teeno abhi gussey main ho iss liye aisa koi bhi faisla mat lo jisskey liye tum baad main pachtao. Main maanta hoon ki Ishwari ne Jo bhi kiya wo galat tha. Lekin uss ney jo bhi kiya apney bachon ke liye kiya, tum logon ke liye kiya. Uska irada kabhi galat nahi tha beta. Usey iski itni badi saza mat do" Mamaji replied almost pleadingly to the sisters.

"Mamaji, humey ye pata nahi ki Maa ney jo kiya wo kyun kiya kiss liye kiya lekin inki galtiyon ki saza Bhaiya ko mili. Aap keh rahey hai ki inn honey jo bhi kiya humarey liye kiya lekin iss main bhaiya ki galti kya thi ki inn honey bhaiya se aisey papers par sign karvaye jiski wajah se unka apney hi bachon par se haq chhin gaya. Uss choti si bacchi Suhana ki kya galti thi ki usey apney Papa se itney saal door rehna padha. Bataiye Mamaji Kya galti thi dono ki?" asked Riya, she was at her end of patience. Rarely did she shout on anyone for she was a calm and collective person but the situation that they were in today tested her patience as well.

Mamaji was tongue tied listening to Riya's questions, he did not have any answer. Seeing Mamaji silent Riya added "Kya hua Mamaji, Jawab dijiye. Aur jab Maa galtiyan karti rahi toh aap ne bhi unsey kuch nahi kaha. Humesha aapney unka paksh liya ye kehkar ki wo jo bhi karti hai sahi karti hai, soch samajh kar karti hai. Toh iss mey kya sahi tha? Aapkey saam ney Bhaiya ka ghar toot raha tha aur aap chup rahey. Bataiye Mamaji kya iss ghar ke Badey honey aur ek Bade bhaiya honey ke naatey kya aapka ye farz nahi tha ki aap Maa ko samjhaye jab who galtiyan kar rahi thi aur iss ghar ko bikharney se rokey. Lekin kya aapney wo kiya?" she ended sonorously in an accusing tone. Mamaji was stunned into silence, all these years he had always supported his sister irrespective of the situation. He knew her fears and insecurities but thought that with time those will be fixed but that did not happen. In fact, her fears increased with time and he could do nothing to allay her fears. He remembered the day when Sonakshi was leaving Ishwari Niwas and how he had warned her sister to stop her else the family would fall apart but that did not happen. And today when Riya accused him of being silent and being a by-stander all along, he knew it was the truth to an extent. His silence, unwavering love and trust on his sister despite her mistakes did play a part in breaking apart the family and that guilt was gnawing him now as he kept quiet.