PART 22 - DAWN OF A NEW FRIENDSHIP

Hola Everyone

It's Sunday and I am back with the next update😀😀😀!!! Apologies for the delay as I was caught up with my work

Thank you everyone for the votes & comments, Thank you for encouraging me, really means a lot.🙂🙂🙂

Note- The parts in italics is flashback while the parts in normal text is present.

Without further ado here's the next part, Hope you like it.

******************

"BECAUSE YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE WITH SONAKSHI, MR. DIXIT"

As Misha said that Dev looked shocked to the core, never in his wildest dreams could he think he would have done something like that, it was not the first time that he was completely sloshed. In fact, ever since Sonakshi went away from his life most of his time would be spent drinking till he would lose his senses. It was his way of lessening the pain he felt remembering all the beautiful moments he had spent with her, though quiet a few times girls did try to get intimate with him, even he tried to move on but then he could never look beyond Sonakshi, it was as if she had taken his soul away along with her leaving his body behind.

"Misha...Please...Please tell me what...what exactly did I do that night" said Dev, there was a quiver in his voice which did not go unnoticed by Misha, she could sense guilt in his voice.

"Mr. Dixit, you had hugged me thinking I was Sonakshi and...." said Misha but before she could continue further she saw Dev slumping down on the sofa holding his head.

"No...No...No...this cannot happen, what have I done. How could I betray Sonakshi...No...Misha please tell me this is not true, please tell this is untrue" Dev said he was slowly turning hysterical as Misha sensed something wrong.

"Mr.Dixit, Please relax" said Misha handing the glass of water to Dev so that he could relax, momentarily forgetting the purpose of her visit.

"Mr. Dixit, yes you had hugged me. Even though I did try getting out of your hold you did not let me go. But before you could proceed further you had passed out" she said as Dev's head shot up, he heaved a sigh of relief as Misha looked away.

"Yes, you had passed out Mr. Dixit after which I called up Ranveer who came to help me out as you were shivering with fever" she continued as Dev was left confused, if there was nothing wrong that had happened between them why was Misha leaving her job.

"Misha, why are you leaving your job then?" asked Dev as he waited for her answer

"What's the guarantee that it would not repeat Mr. Dixit?" said Misha as Dev was left tongue-tied as she continued "You know Mr. Dixit, frankly I did not want to take up this job especially after the way media portrayed you. But then again this was a much-needed break in my young career but after coming here what I have witnessed here in the past One month is so different from what I had heard or read about Ishwari communication and you especially. You are not the businessman Dev Dixit I had read about who was supposed to be this smart & hard-working businessman. What I saw was an irresponsible person who seldom has idea of what is going on in his company. If it were not for Tina & your other loyal employees your company would have been suffering huge losses from which it would have been difficult to recover. Do you have an idea about how many frauds are been committed here and that too by your own brother? Yet you seem so unaware about it and to top that you don't come to the office resulting in delay of a few projects. This was not what I had signed up for. And then that day the way you had behaved with me made me loose that tiny bit of respect I had for you. Sorry Mr. Dixit but I cannot work with you" she finished looking questioningly at Dev who was left speechless listening to Misha's rant.