PART 24 - BITTER TRUTHS

Hola Everyone

It's Sunday and I am back with the next update😀😀😀!!! Apologies for the delay as I was caught up with my work

Thank you everyone for the votes & comments, Thank you for encouraging me, really means a lot.🙂🙂🙂

Note- The parts in italics is flashback while the parts in normal text is present.

Without further ado here's the next part, Hope you like it.

******************

"IN THESE SEVEN YEARS DID YOU NOT EVEN FEEL FOR ONCE THAT DEV HAD THE RIGHT TO KNOW ABOUT SUHANA?" asked Misha as Sonakshi was left tongue-tied.

All these years this was the very question she dreaded, she had expected this question from Dev or the Dixit family, but they never asked that. Though in her mind she was sure that she was right in keeping Suhana away from Dev and his family, she had her reasons to do that but deep in her heart there was guilt which she had hidden very well from everyone. The guilt of keeping Dev in the dark, the guilt of keeping a father and daughter away from each other & the guilt of not trying hard enough to inform Dev about their daughter. But then she had her reasons, she had lost her love, her family was homeless, she had to take care of her family and all this was because of the person she loved the most, DEV.

She always thought it was the punishment that Dev deserved for putting her and her family through so much pain and after 7 years when she met him she wanted to make him realize what he had lost out on, she made sure he craves for the love of their daughter as well as at the same time does not take her away prompting her to make him sign the document which along with the PRE-NUP had basically taken away all his rights that he had on his daughter as well as implicating him for their break-up, so desperate was he to spend time with Suhana that he accepted everything without any question and finally after 7 long years Sonakshi felt that the justice she and her family deserved was served. She kept quiet when Suhana had refused to acknowledge him as her father, even during their One-week arrangement she kept quiet while Bijoy hurled insults at him, though she felt bad, yet she felt that Dev deserved it. She felt just as Dev kept quiet during their marriage phase she was justified as well in keeping quiet.

But then Dev's mother and her past came into the equation which was affecting Dev and in turn Suhana, that's why she had decided to help him out though they had turned into acquaintances still she harboured a tiny bit of hate in her heart for him because of the pain she had gone through. But the dinner that night was the worst nightmare she could ever think of, all her illusions about Dev had shattered that day, all the truths that she believed in all these years were blown apart and along with it, it had shattered their lives as well.

Tears made was from her eyes as she kept quiet while Misha asked her again "Tell me Sonakshi, didn't you feel even once that Dev deserved to know about Suhana?"

"It's not that I did not try Misha, I did call him a few times when I got to know about my pregnancy, in fact when Suhana was six months old I had come with her to meet Dev, make him meet his daughter but I was told he did not want to meet me. I was shattered, I felt that Dev hated me so much that he did not want to meet his daughter either. I had to take care of my daughter, my family. I had no option but to put aside my pain and work for them, I had no option" said Sonakshi as she broke down, it was the first time in so many years that she had spoken about the past to someone.

Misha put her hand on Sonakshi's shoulder as she side hugged her trying to reduce her pain, as a girl who had lost her family and was alone for the past 12 years she knew the pain Sonakshi was going through, she let Sonakshi calm down before she spoke again.