0.66 || Presenting Maya

Scarlett tapped the floor impatiently as she waited for Chris to finish getting ready. She couldn't completely blame him for taking so long, she did only give him a few minutes.

Today they were headed to a nearby animal shelter where the pair had been raising money in order to benefit the animals there. Scarlett was thrilled to help them, animal shelters always held a sweet spot in her heart considering the fact that she got Bailey from one.

"Christopher Robert Evans! We have to go!" She called once again before hearing Chris tripping over himself to get down the stairs.

"Coming!" He replied hastily, the sleepiness in his voice evident. Scarlett managed a smile upon seeing his disheveled appearance. Without wanting to waste time, Scarlett led the way.

"Can we get doughnuts afterwards?" Chris yawned.

"Anything you want," she smiled.

—————

When they arrived they were greeted warmly.

"It's so great to see the two of you," Janna, the volunteer at the shelter, replied shaking Scarlett's hand.

"It's so nice to be here," Scarlett responded.

"So are you guys here to volunteer to help with the animals today or...?" Janna questioned.

"Yes we are! Right Chris," Scarlett warned gaining his attention.

"Yes!" He replied quickly.

"Great come this way," Janna replied while leading the pair to the back with all the animals. "You guys are probably the first to actually donate to the shelter and actually help out," Janna continued.

"How so?" Asked Scarlett.

"Well usually people donate money to make themselves look good, not that you do it of course, it's just they don't typically interact with the animals. They take pictures of them and post about 'saving the animals' and then leave right afterwards," Janna replied sadly.

"Chris and I actually adopted our dogs from shelters," Scarlett smiled fondly at the memory of a smaller, younger Bailey. "We try to help as many as we can, especially Chris. He loves playing with the dogs," Scarlett replied earning a smile from Janna.

"Thats so kind of you guys. Seriously, since word got around that the two of you donated here, lots of animals were recently adopted," Janna explained.

"Really?" Chris asked with a little jolt of excitement. "That's crazy, I hope they found great homes," he continued.

"They most certainly did thanks to the two of you,"

—————

After spending the better part of the morning bathing animals and receiving a fair amount of doggy kisses, they all decided to take a short break.

"Janna," Scarlett asked catching her attention.

"Yes?"

"I saw this puppy," Scarlett paused in order to retrieve the picture on her phone to reference. "On the shelters website," Scarlett replied. With one glance Janna knew exactly which dog she was referring to.

"That's Maya," Janna smiled as she led Scarlett to her cage. Chris glanced up from his seat making eye contact with Scarlett understanding where she was headed. Scarlett had talked his ear off about this dog previously, she claimed there was something special about her which Chris undoubtedly agreed.

"Old maya here has been around longer than me, that is longer than I've been working here," she corrected.

"No ones adopted her?"

Janna shook her head sadly, "people don't see much in her. They call her defective, whatever that's suppose to mean. She's great, she really is," Janna replied.

Scarlett glanced back at Chris who had been admiring her from his seat, he smiled genuinely and nodded.

"Can we take her?" Scarlett blurted out.

"Really? Even if she has one eye? I mean there's nothing wrong with that but seriously?" Janna asked.

"Yeah, I think she's beautiful,"

—————

Scarlett could honestly tell you she didn't cry during the car ride home, but she'd be lying.

Although she hadn't expected to be so emotional about Maya, she found herself gushing over her.

"Aww Scarls dont cry you'll make me cry," said Chris with a playful smile, under normal circumstances she would have fawned over him however Maya was consuming her attention. When Maya had been carried to the car, her mood drastically changed into a much happier one.

"I'm trying Chris, she's just so precious. She's such a great dog already, who wouldn't want her," she replied.

"I know I know," Chris replied although even he had to admit Maya was pretty great in the five minutes she's officially been theirs.

—————

scarlettjohansson: presenting our new family member

scarlettjohansson: presenting our new family member... MAYA ❤️❤️❤️

1.5M Likes
1.3M Comments

—————

Stay ⇒ Chris Evans On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara