Five

Collin's POV

I jumped out of my car and ran over to what I hit. It was laying on the ground, unconscious. I began to panic. I didn't want to be known as the guy who killed someone with their car! 

Calm down Collin. Maybe they are still alive. 

I walked over to the body and looked closely. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The body was a girl. She looked about 16 with long brown hair. She had a small cinch-sack on her back. Fresh snow covered her. A dark blue coat was around her and unzipped. There was a brown cat sticking out. It looked much smaller than any normal cat. The cat turned it's head and looked at me. 

"Uh, hi there," I said to the little furball. The cat hissed at me. 

"Guess you know, huh?" I said to the cat. I cannot believe that I'm talking to a cat who already hates me. 

I examined the girl. She had bruises and cuts on her face. Her right arm was covered in gauze. She had a new fresh cut on her chin. I couldn't tell if she was even breathing. 

I reached my hand out to check for a pulse on her neck when the cat jumped at my hand and hissed at me again. 

"Can't you just let me see if she's okay?" I asked. The cat glared at me. I don't think it trusted me because it knew I am werewolf. 

"Please?" I cocked my head. The cat looked at me for a few more seconds before it stepped back and let my arm pass. 

"Thank you, whatever your name is." The cat just sat there, watching my every move. 

I reached out my hand to her neck. When I touched, her neck felt cold. I felt the pulse too. But something else. Something that you only feel when you find 'the one'. 

It was like shocking yourself on something after rubbing your hand on a balloon. Except it didn't hurt, it felt good. The shock flowed up my arm really fast. 

As if someone else was speaking for me, I blurted, "Mate." 

Another short chapter! Sorry about that. Sometimes you need short chapters that eventually lead up to the big stuff. Hope you all liked it! I'll keep on posting as much as I can!

Here's a picture of what Kato looks like minus the pink leash.