"Just shut up and eat," he ordered.

"That's what I thought," I mumbled. A tinkle of laughter came from my left and I twitched my head toward her. "You didn't hear that," I said in a mock threatening voice.

She giggled once more before whispering back, "Hear what?"

I had my new friend help me load up a plate and when I had eaten every last crumb just short of licking the plate I stood up. I retraced my steps to the best of my memory to the foyer where I left my bag. I heard a thunk near my feet and stopped to poke it with my toes.

"Is this my bag?" I asked.

"You want it or not?" Nails demanded, his patience having obviously worn thin somewhere along the long.

Silently I ignored his bait and picked up my bag. "Flapjacks!" I called out. I heard some skittering as my fur ball's nails scratched across the hard wood floors. He circled my legs and beat them with his tail, stopping only to try and get a whiff of private areas making me push his nose away.

"I almost forgot about the dog," Nails now emotionless voice said.

"I almost forgot about you," I replied matter-of-factly. If this dude had a personal vendetta with me then he might as well get it over with. I was more than willing to have a go at him, verbally that is. Future Alpha or not, he wouldn't stand a chance over my bark.

Nails scoffed and began pacing. "Why are you here?"

"Because you piss me off," I told him honestly.

"You couldn't have possibly come all the way out here to the middle of nowhere for a complete stranger."

"True, and when you kicked me out I was happy to oblige but something about you just makes me want to stay," I said as though it were some sort of seductive quality.

"I have that effect on people," was his smug reply.

"Better start polishing up your attitude then because if your pack stays for the same reason I am then you'll have a mutiny on your hands come your title."

"What?"

"What, did I lose you on there? Your mind to slow to keep up?" I questioned and the continued without waiting for a reply, "I thought I was pretty clear about it. You piss me off so I want to piss you off. That's why I wanted to stay."

Without waiting for whatever reply would come out of his mouth I stalked off with my bag and Flapjacks. I paced blindly through the pack house aiming not to crash into walls or furniture and following the path of Flapjacks nails on the floor. When I heard voices I stopped and knocked on the nearest wall to get their attention.

"Can someone bring me to the Alpha?" I asked.

"Do you have an appointment?" a voice asked. It was female and disdain tainted whatever beauty was in it. Obviously I wasn't worth this chick's time which just served to raise my hackles. She wants to try being top bitch I would be more than willing to give her a run for her money. Her lack of respect let alone courtesy made me want to unleash some more of my recent obnoxious streak.

"I know how a pack works honey, so no, I don't have one, and no, I don't need one," I spoke confidently. A short snuff of humorless laughter rang out and the threatening click of high heels neared.

"I'll take you!" another voice quickly volunteered before wrenching on the arm that I had unknowingly placed on my hip. I stumbled a bit behind her but managed to keep pace.

"You keep this up," the girl said, "and someone is going to smack some self preservation instincts into you whether you like it or not," she warned. I knew it wasn't a threat but more of an observation, one that I would have given to someone else had our positions been switched.