Steal My Girl - One Direction

Song : Steal My Girl
Singer(s) : Members of One Direction

"How about you postpone this shopping spree?" I ask her sweetly, hoping she'll agree.

"The one I've been planning for weeks?"

"Uh-huh," I agree.

"The one for which I saved up some money?"

"Uh-huh."

"The one I planned just so I could spend some time with my friends?"

"Uh-huh."

"Hell no."

"Oh come on," I whine like a child. This made her pause her hour-long procedure of make-up and to look directly at me.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't go," she asked with a look that I knew all too well. It was her 'don't mess around and give me a serious answer'.

"Well, why to walk across the entire mall when you can get anything you want with a click of fingers online and spend some more time with this hot boyfriend of yours?" I messed around, giving her a sickly sweet smile.

"Not funny," she muttered, returning back to her makeup.

"Okay, but can we at least change the shopping spot?" I ask, hoping my voice doesn't sound whiney.

"Babe, I know I won't find those Aeropostale tops on sale anywhere else," she says, now applying something on her eye.

Hell, she's applied like five things on her eyes already. But hey, I'm not complaining. The results totally make up for the time used in all this.

"You can try another brand," I suggest.

"Why would I?" She asks, still not looking at me.

Because she's hellish beautiful.

With her perfect everything, from those adorable blue eyes to her delightful curves, everything about my girl was perfect. Of course, one may think that I'm saying so only because she's my girlfriend. But unfortunately, that's not it.

The entire male population seems to think so which makes things very difficult for me. Sure, I don't mind the world appreciating her beauty but I do mind when a guy ogles at her and mentally takes her clothes off.

Don't ask how I know when someone's doing that, it's boyfriend instincts.

Although we've had this conversation plenty of times and in each one of them she has assured me that there's absolutely nothing to worry about and that as much as she likes seeing me get all possessive, she'd rather not bail me out of jail again for physically attacking a guy who claims to be innocent and that she's got eyes for me and only me, so there's no question of her leaving me.

It's not my girl I don't trust, it's those douchebag guys. I know how a mind of a guy works and trust me, if she wasn't already mine I'd be hitting on her too.

The mall that she claims would have those "Aeropostale tops on sale" has a guy working in it that ogles at my girl a little too much. And not just at her, but at all of the wrong parts of her, if you get what I mean.

I told her that once and she said I was being paranoid again. But I know I wasn't.

So, my intense desire to prevent her from taking a step in that mall is justiciable. Although she may not agree with me, I strongly feel my reason is worthy.

"Babe-"

"Don't babe me. And for once, stop the bullshit and give me straight answers."

"But you love me for my bullshit."

She took a deep breath, as if calming herself. Yeah, I have that effect on people.

"Tell me honestly why you don't want me to go shopping."

I opened my mouth to answer but she must've seen the look on my face that said "I've got a good comeback".

"Honest answers," she demanded in a stern voice, crossing her arms over her chest."

I sighed. There was no escaping this, was there?

"There's this guy working over there and you gotta trust me on this, he keeps staring at you," I say. "His stare is lustful, I can see that."

"You said the same thing about our neighbour," she narrowed her eyes at me.

"Exactly!" I exclaim. "It's like everybody wanna steal my girl."

"But no one ever can." Her voice soft now. "I love you and only you. There're gonna be millions of jerks and perverts but it's not right if I give them the power to decide where I go."

"But-"

"You trust me?"

"Yes," I reply almost immediately.

"Then you've got nothing to worry about," she reassures me. "He tries anything and he's gonna feel my wrath."

Fuck. She was right. She always is. She's like that awesome combination of beauty and brains. How could one be so perfect was out of my understanding. I'm a lucky guy to get her love and I know it.

"Why're you smiling?" She asks, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "I thought we're having this emotional conversation here."

Thinking about my awesome fate made me smile unconsciously.

"Just thinking how lucky I am to have a girl as perfect as you," I answer with a grin.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and gave me a cute smile in return.

"I fucking know right," she says, making me chuckle.

"So I'll take that you're not going to the mall anymore?" I ask, knowing the answer beforehand.

"Did you not here a word of the emotional speech I gave?" She asked incredulously with her eyebrows raised.

"Kidding," I smirk. "By the way, that was so not emotional."

"It was!" She answers, playfully shoving me.

"If that asshole does anything to you-"

"I'll kick him in all the right places," she smiles.

And really, that's all I needed to hear to let her go because even though everyone wants my girl, I know she's capable of showing everyone she doesn't belong with anyone but me.

Quite cliche, I know. But hey, gotta write a cliche every once in a while.