Chapter 9

-Chapter 9-

*Story based on Poetic Justice. All copyrights reserved*

Characters: Liu Yan Zhi-acted by RuiEn

Fang Zheng Ye-acted by Dai Xiang Yu(formerly known as Dai Yang Tian)

Feng Luo Ling-acted by Rebecca Lim

Zhong Rui Yao-acted by Sora Ma

"今晚的新闻一定会创新高! 我有了我的左手和右手,太幸福了!Darling ah, what would I do without you?" Ou Yang Qiu coaxed up to Yan Zhi again.

This time, I couldn't control it anymore. I jumped in front of Yanzhi, leaving all my colleagues stunned.

"Don't touch Yanzhi I'm warning you." I held up a finger at Ou Yang Qiu.

Ou Yang Qiu looked at LuoLing, then looked back at me.

"You two...?" Everyone waited for an answer.

LuoLing turned and walked away, disappointed with me. I looked at Yanzhi, who was looking away.

***

Liu Yan Zhi's POV

"Yanzhi! You and Zheng Ye... What's going on between the two of you?" Rui Yao quipped.

"There's nothing between us, just good friends."

"Yanzhi, really? 我们是好朋友, you can tell me anything."

"好啦好朋友,如果我们发生什么事,我会跟你讲的ok?"

"You promise ok!" Rui Yao held up her pinky for me.

I promised her and smiled before getting on with my work. Not long after, I realised how quiet the office was. I looked around, only to notice a rather empty office. Ou Yang Qiu was in the meeting room, Rui Yao was sorting out some files. Both Luo Ling and Zheng Ye were not to be seen. I hoped in my heart, that nothing would happen Zheng Ye and Luo Ling's relationship because of me. I sighed before continuing with my work. I knew that I didn't want to be the third party in their relationship, no matter how much feelings I have developed for Zheng Ye.

***

I stepped into my house and slammed the door shut behind me. Laying on the comfy sofa, I thought of what happened today.

Zheng Ye asked Ou Yang Qiu to stay away from me. What did he mean by that?

Is he sensing that... He likes me?

I needed to sort out my thoughts. I do like him, but what about Luo Ling? I can't be that selfish to take him away from her.

Maybe.. I had been imagining things. Maybe, Zheng Ye is only helping me as a friend? Although my heart tells me otherwise, I tried to believe in my own theory.

The beep from my phone jolted me out of my thoughts.

I took it from the coffee table, and almost dropped it onto the ground.

The message was from.. Zheng Ye.

A mix of feelings overwhelmed me instantly. We had been such good friends in the past, talking about everything under the sun, joking around etc. But ever since his so-called "confession" that he blurted out, our relationship changed. We became awkward around each other.

I clicked on his message.

It read "Yanzhi, are you free now? I need to talk to you. I'm just downstairs. Could you come down?"

I took in a deep breath. I knew this was going to come, sooner or later. I was prepared.

***

Once I stepped out of the lift, I saw Zheng Ye's back view. I approached him tentatively.