Chapter 2

-Chapter 2-

*Story based on C.L.I.F. 3. All copyrights reserved*

Characters: Huang Zhijie-acted by RuiEn in C.L.I.F. 3

                   Wei Lan Tian-acted by Li Nan Xing

                   Tang Yao Jia-acted by Qi Yu Wu

                   Wang Jiazhen-acted by RuiEn in the In-laws(brief appearance, she will have more                                scenes in the next chapter ^^ )

Huang Zhi Jie's POV

Finally, a bit of quiet time. I thought to myself as I spuned my chair around, facing the blue sky outside. Just then, the phone on my table rang.

"Hello, this is the Special Investigation Section. I am Huang Zhi Jie, how may I help you."

The moment I heard the voice from the other side of the phone, I knew there was a new case.

"Hey, XiaoMan here. I need a favour from you. It's regarding a new case I just received."

I listened closer.

"Unnatural death of autistic girl, Christine Toh. I have faxed the report and information to you. My team is going to set a trap to lure the murderer out. I need your help to interrogate suspects."

"Ok, I'll see what I can do." I said before texting Lan Tian to cancel our lunch date as I knew I would be busy. I told my team to assemble while I prepared the materials needed.

***

"We need to help the CID with a case. Because I would not be participating in this operation, I would let Yao Jia report to you the details.” I said to my team members, before giving Yao Jia the green light to proceed.

For the next 30 minutes, Yao Jia briefed the team on the details of the murder. “Ok so now, we have to bring in Tilly Goh, the person with the most motive to kill Christine, the greatest suspect of the case. You guys will leave for Tilly Goh’s house in 15 minutes. Get ready by then.” "Yes ma’am.” they chorused.

***

“Darlingggg, you don't even have a little bit of time for me? It’s lunch time now! I shall report to Sir that the murder case is forbidding you to take your lunch.” Lan Tian pouted and turned to walk towards the door. I pulled him back, before showing him my signature puppy eyes look. “好,好 ,好,我怕了你。” I said as I took a bite of the sandwich he had brought for me. “That’s the way,” he grinned and continued, “our little baby inside you also needs to eat huh?” He patted on my protruding tummy. “All because of you, now I cannot go out for operations anymore. I can only go for meetings and handle admin matters.” I sighed. “Just bear with it for a few more months won't you? I can't wait for our child to be born.” Lan Tian smiled widely. Ruffling his hair, I nodded.  

Yao Jia's POV

Knock Knock Knock. "Hello? Is anybody in there? We are the police. Please open up."

The door creaked open slowly.

"We are from the Special Investigation Section. I am Tang Yao Jia. Are you Tilly Goh?"