16 I hate you

Illenium - Fortress (ft. Joni Fatora)

The weekend went by smoothly. Even Monday's school day went by well. Alan noticed that Edward didn't come to football practice. At the end, he walked out of the locker room and saw only Liam leaning against the wall reading.

Liam asked, "*****, how was practice?

Alan answered, "Pretty good. Ready to go to my house?"

He nodded and said, "What the **** do you think?"

He smiled and said, "You are estatic."

"Yeah yeah."

"You aren't denying it," Alan beamed.

They walked out to Alan's house. When they went inside, they were surprised to see who was there.

Alan said with his normal smile, "Hi, Mom... Dad... Edward?"

Edward said, "Hey, buddy ol' pal!" When he looked at Liam, he glared and said, "And buddy ol' pal's boyfriend."

Liam immediately caught whiff of the situation. He scowled, "You-!"

Alan grabbed his arm and stopped him.

Liam looked at him and calmed down for his sake. He mumbled, "Okay."

Alan's father asked, "Why did it take your friend to tell us you were gay?"

He said, "I'm not gay."

His father said, "Apparently, he's your boyfriend. Isn't that gay?"

He replied, "It's not the fact that he's a guy that I like him. It's that fact that he's... himself." He didn't like Liam because of his gender. He just couldn't understand how to explain that.

"What?" He said confused. "Well, why didn't you tell us you were gay. Maybe you just need a girlfriend to start your interests. You're just a kid."

"I did," Alan said frustrated. "She cheated on me with my best friend!" He glared at Edward.

"It's just one bad experience," his father said. "There are plenty of other girls better than him." He just couldn't seem to acknowledge his feelings.

Liam scoffed offended, "What does that supposed to mean?"

He spat, "Shut up, ******." He seemed to have a grudge against Liam.

He gasped and he growled under his breath, "Don't call me that."

"What was that?" Alan's father threatening. "You were the one who made my son that way!" He blamed Liam for this whole situation.

He wanted to yell back at him, but he didn't. His teeth just began to chatter instead. He was fuming. He scowled, "Your son is allowed to like whoever he wants, you ******** ******." His voice gradually grew louder, "Don't you dare take that away from me. I didn't make him any way. DON'T YOU DARE DO THIS!" His fists were closed so tight that it hurt.

"Get out," Alan's father said. "Don't tell me how to raise my son." Liam opened his mouth to talk, but he cut him off yelling, "GET OUT!"

Alan's mother finally spoke up to say, "Honey, come on. He's a sweet boy. He's just angry." He was trying to deescalate the situation. She was finally able to speak up.

He said, "He better leave before I get angry!"

Liam scoffed with fuming, "I'm not afraid to fight an old man."

Alan's father didn't hesitate. He grabbed Liam by his collar and began dragging him to the front door.

"Dad!" Alan yelled. "Stop it!"

He didn't listen. He just yelled, "You go to your room!"

"Come on! Please!" He grabbed his arm trying to pull him off of Liam. "He's just angry!"

Liam scowled, "I don't give a ****!" He grabbed his hands and scratched them.

Alan's father sucked in a breath and let go of him. "*****!"

"Stop!" Alan's mother yelled. "Seriously. You shouldn't fight like this."

Edward said, "Maybe you should leave." He gave a mocking sad look.

Alan's father gave him a threatening look. He growled, "You already disrupted my son. You better leave, and don't ever come near my son!"

Alan's mother looked disappointed, yet at lost of words. Alan wasn't making eye contact at all; He was too afraid to say anything.

Liam took a few angry breaths and yelled, "I ******* HATE YOU!" He left. He ran out the house and didn't even look back. He kept running and running until he was home. He opened the door to his house and walked in slowly.

His mother greeted, "Hey- what's wrong?"

"Mom," Liam said quietly. He walked over to her in the living room. "I'm..." His voice trailed off.

Liam's mother stood up from the couch and asked concerned, "What happened? Did someone hurt you?"

His lips began to quiver as he shook his head. When he opened his mouth, a loud sob came out. "Mom, they hate me!"

"Aw baby. Come here." She immediately wrapped her arms around him as if he was going to fall apart, which he basically already has.