14 Words Hurt

its different & jaydon Lewis - save you

It is the next day of school. It's Friday, but Liam didn't want to miss a day for a little eye punch. He was standing at his locker reading his book that Alan gave him. He was almost done with it.

Suddenly, Rissa came up to him and hugged him. She said, "Omg! I heard what happened. Are you okay?"

He mumbled, "Yes, now let go of me."

She let go after a few seconds pass. She said, "I can't believe Edward did what he did."

Alan saw Liam through the crowd of students and watched him walk over to them.

Alan said, "Hey."

Rissa gave him a hug and said, "I heard what happened and all."

He laughed nervously, "Yeah. I can tell. You can let go now."

She let go of him. She asked, "So what are going to do now?"

Alan said, "I'm going to walk Liam to class."

She sighed, "No. I meant about the situation."

"Rissa," Liam scowled. "He doesn't want to think about it." He glared at her. He did not want to remimd him of the massive betrayal that happened.

"Oh," she said. "Sorry."

Alan said, "It's fine." He grabbed Liam's hand and said, "Let's go. See you later, Rissa."

She nodded, and the two of them walked off.

Later on at lunch, Liam went to the library as usual, and Alan went to the cafeteria. It wasn't five minutes until Liam knew his mistake. He shouldn't had let Alan go alone knowing that Edward would be there.

"****!" Liam muttered as he got up from a chair. He ran out the library in to the cafeteria. He saw that Alan was there, but Edward wasn't there. Other than that, there were the same people. He exhaled in relief.

He felt someone touch his shoulder, so he quickly turned around and scolded, "You don't ***** touch someone from behind, *****."

He saw the one who touched him was Lilly. He scowled, "What do you want, you **** cheater. You were the one who broke his heart, so why are you so ****** adamant in getting him back?"

She giggled, "It's just..." She leaned in to whisper, "Isn't it fun seeing him in pain? He's so cute that way."

"Disgusting," Liam spat. "He deserves all the happiness in the world. Don't you **** with him."

She said condescendingly, "Don't you ****** lie. I know you are just like me. Otherwise, why would you even talk like me, ******? I know you want to hurt him yourself."

Liam replied, "That's just sick. I don't talk like you. I'm me. I want the best for him. You are just a ***** sadist."

"And if I am?" Lilly said. "I like him, and however I want and treat him is how it is. I will get him back."

"I will protect him from the likes of you," He scowled. "And that's a promise."

"Liam?" Alan called walking up to him. "When did you decide to come to lunch on your own?"

Liam said, "I was ****** worried about you, ***."

He said, "There is nothing to worry about." He looked at Lilly who was standing a few feet away from them. "Let's go to the table, sweetie."

"Don't ignore me," Lilly said.

"What?" Alan said.

She replied, "You ******* heard me."

He didn't know what to do or how to respond, so Liam got right in between the two. He faced Lilly and scolded, "Stay away from him. Haven't you done enough? Stop being a ***** and go away!"

Lilly scoffed, "Doesn't your eye still hurt? I can bring Edward back."

Liam scoffed, "You think you can scare me off?"

She replied, "Well, you were crying like a little weakling."

"Who cares," he said. "Just stay away from us if you are gonna keep messing with us. We got a life and it doesn't ****** include you. " He doesn't care if someone calls him names. That was way beneathe him.

"Idiot," Lilly spat. "****. Ugly. *****. Stupid. *****. Go kill yourself. Alan is just as horrible as you he picked a ***** to be with."

Liam scoffed at her words. Half of them were offensive, but it was none of his concern. His concern was for Alan. "Whatever. You know what's funny." His glare grew dark as his teeth clenched. "You purposely went out with Edward knowing that was his best friend. You know, I'd rather be all those things rather than a ***** like you. Do you really have no pride?"

Lilly seemed to shiver at what he said.

Liam continued on from there, "Now I know you told me to kill myself, but I think you would be better off if you did that. It would be better to our health."

She was taken aback.

"Liam," Alan said nervously. "That might've been a little too harsh."

Lilly's eyes began to water. She quickly wiped them away. She was trying to keep her strong stance, but she was obviously affected by what he said.

Liam mumbled, "Whatever. All people want to do is interfere with us. If there is one less person, that would be helpful."

Alan seemed to be taken aback by what he said. He said sternly, "That's not how you talk to other people. You just basically told her to kill herself. Apologize."

Liam was clearly upset and fussed, "Why? She was the one who started it! She was-."

"That," he interrupted, "was going too far with what you said."

Liam yelled, "Why are you on her side! She was the ***** who keep on messing with you! She hurt you! She's the enemy!"

Alan said calmly, "Yes, she is our enemy, but that is not the proper way to go about it."

"FINE!" Liam screamed. He turned to the usually tearing up and quiet Lilly. He said, "Don't die. We don't hate you that much!"

"Liam," Alan called.

"What?" Liam yelled annoyed.

He sighed as if he was disappointed.

Liam didn't like that look.

Alan turn to Lilly and said, "Sorry about that. He shouldn't had said any of that. You're a good person. You just have some undesirable motives. It's okay." He gave her a hug.

Liam scowled at the sight.

When Lilly and Alan let go. She said, "See you." She walked out.

Just then, Liam recognized that he had the attention of half of the cafeteria. He scolded, "**** off."

Alan said to Liam, "Just ignore them. I know you are angry, but that was just wrong what you said."

"But," Liam said. "You should've heard what she said. She said that she wanted to see you in pain and-."

"Liam... sweetie," Alan said. "That's all in the past now. I don't want you to get angrh for my sake. I want you to be happy, or whatever you are close to that feeling"

Liam said, "Fine... sorry. I'm really heated right now."

"Yes," he said. "I know." He pat his head of messy hair. He leaned forward and kissed his forehead. "Thank you for trying. I know how frustrating this must've been for you."

Liam gave a relieved smile and laid his head against Alan's. When he saw some the students staring, he scolded, "Mind your own ******* business."

"Hey," Alan called sternly. "Direct your anger towards me, not them. Remember, words can hurt.