8 Anger?

in love with a ghost | let's walk across this forest, i can feel that everything is real again

Liam was waiting at his locker. He kept his face in his book. He just kept his face neutral as he stayed silent.

"Ick, what a joke."

He looked up to see who just spoke. It was Lilly.

He scoffed, "Why don't you just **** off?"

Some of the students caught their attention. 

Lilly laughed, "Why don't you just get the **** away from my man."

Liam pulled his book from his face. His face contorted to a smirk of anger yet confidence. He scowled, "Hah! Just yesterday, he was ******* me more than you could get in a ******** lifetime, you little ****."

She responded, "Like he's done with me?"

He glared at her and dropped his book. He said with contempt, "You wanna go?" He was ready to fight.

"No, you are not!" Rissa pushed past Lilly and grabbed his arm. "No one is going to fight." She glared at Lilly.

"Who the **** do you think you are touching?" He scowled.

"Yeah!" Lilly said. "Move out the way. This is between me and him!"

"No." Everyone stopped at the sound of a familiar guy's voice. They turned to look at Alan. "Rissa is right. No one is fighting. Why are you trying to mess with him anyways?" He was glaring at Lilly.

Lilly responded, "He doesn't deserve you. What do you even see in him?"

Liam pulled his arm out of Rissa's grip. He scowled, "How about I punch you in your ***** face? You will know then." His anger grew apparent as he took a step closer to her. "Don't you speak about him through your ugly face! I swear I will-."

"SWEETIE!" Alan yelled.

He stopped stiffly as he heard Alan call him. He wasn't used to Alan yelling at him. He quickly obeyed and switched from angry back to his reserved expression.

Lilly laughed, "Yeah, listen to your stupid boyfriend."

"Lilly," Alan muttered. "I suggest you leave."

"Whatever," she said. Yet she still walked away.

"Whoa," Rissa said quietly so she wouldn't disturb Alan's rare bout of anger. "Um... I'll see you at lunch." She quickly and quietly walked away along with the small group of student that were watching.

Liam watched Alan.

 He was looking down while trying to calm himself.

Liam said, "Hey, Alan." He was worried about him. "Are you okay?"

Alan snapped out of it. When he looked at Liam, he gave him a soft smile. "Yeah, sweetie. I'm fine. Don't worry. Let me walk you to class."

"Uh okay," he replied. "Want to hold my hand?" He wasn't sure what caused the anger to go away so quickly, but he was happy it was gone. He hated to see Alan upset, but why did he even say mean things to him often?

He nodded, "Yeah. I would really much like to."

Liam held out his hand, and Alan grabbed it happily. At least, Liam wanted to be nice when he could.