5 Wake Up In The Morning Feeling Like...

in love with a ghost | sorry for not answering the phone, i'm too busy trying to fly away

"Hunh?" Liam exclaimed as he sat up on the floor. It wasn't like he meant to sleep on it. He just somehow ended up there overnight. He looked over at the doorway and saw Alan. He scowled, "What the **** are you doing here?"

Alan said, "Your parents let me in. They are surprisingly morning people unlike you."

Liam muttered, "Shut up." He stood up and stumbled a little.

He walked up to the sleepy head and held on to his arm to help him.

"Don't touch me!" Liam scolded. He pulled his arm from him. He grabbed his blanket that was wrapped around his ankles. He placed it on his bed and mumbled, "Thanks, but don't touch me in the morning."

"Sorry," Alan said. "Get ready because we are going on a shopping date."

"This morning?" Liam scoffed.

"It's eleven o'clock," his boyfriend retorted. "Let's have fun."

"Fine," Liam said. "Go stand in my closet. I'm 'bout to put on my clothes."

"Yes, sweetie," Alan said. He walked into the closet and closed the door behind him. This was nothing new. He knew that Liam didn't want him to be in the same room as him when he dressed. He listened to Liam scurry in and out of the room as he got ready to go. Alan didn't mind standing in the closet. It was very spacious. It was a walk-in closet with lots of shoes and clothes. It was a closet he could only dream of having, for Alan was only middle-class like everyone else he knew.

Liam was the oddball of them all. He had the luxury of having a big house with his parents that provided for him. Even though he had all the clothes he wanted, he dressed in sweater vests, wrinkled collar shirts, and jeans. It was easy and simple, and it didn't look expensive.

"I'm done," he called.

Alan came out of the closet. (...lol) He saw Liam in a cardigan that suits his collar shirt and jeans. He teased, "Seems like you're eager for our date. Your shirt is ironed."

"Shut up," he scowled as he looked away trying to cover his growing red face.

He laughed, "It's okay."

Suddenly a loud stomach growl was heard.

Liam pouted and rubbed his stomach. He asked, "Do you want something to eat? We can go to Starbucks." It was his favorite place to go, not Alan's. He didn't like coffee much. 

Either way, Alan said, "Let's go." 

Liam said, "Since I'm dragging you there, I'm paying." He began walking out of his room with Alan trailing behind. They stopped to the kitchen where his parents were both reading newspapers. "Good morning." 

They said, "Good morning." They were sipping on the last on the coffee as the smell lingered. The dishes were empty in front of them.

 Liam's mom asked, "So what do you two plan on doing?"

He answered, "We are going on a little date. No big deal."

"Mmhm," she muttered. "Alan, take care of him, will you. I know he will run his mouth off at people."

"Hey hey," Liam's father said. "He's been very respectful lately."

She giggled, "Yeah, like he had an impact on our little son. Now all this boy need to do is help him with his dressing issue." She cooed, "Our little boy is growing up!"

"Mom seriously?" Liam said.

"It's true," Alan shrugged.

"Let's go," he mumbled. He grabbed Alan's hand and began pulling him to the front door with him.

"You two have fun!" Liam's mom called.

"Whatever," he replied.

Tomppabeats - don't leave me this way (extended)

After that, the two of them went to Starbucks. Liam got himself a coffee with a cake while Alan got a tea with cake. They walked through the town as they ate and drank. It was a great day for a date. It was partly cloudy with no sign of rain. It was a little warm, for it was still autumn. A chilling breeze still blew ever so often. Because of the season, red, orange, and green leaves littered the ground.

Alan sighed, "It's a beautiful day, isn't it?"

"Sort of," he replied.

Alan managed to finish his drink and cake before Liam. He threw his trash away in the nearby trash bin. Liam finished his cake, so he threw the trash in the garbage. He continued drinking his coffee.

As they walked in and out of stores, he finished it. Liam called, "Eh, *****."

"Hm?" Alan answered. He squinted as the sunlight shone in his eyes.

Liam asked, "Do you think you would like the coffee in another way?"

He asked, "What do you mean?"

Liam got in front of him very closely. His lips were close to his. He asked, "Can I?"

"Of course," he said granting him permission.

Liam gave Alan a small kiss. He got shy and turned away. He groaned, "Why am I like this?" He placed his hand on his head.

Alan chuckled, "Did you want a deeper kiss?"

"Shut up," he scowled. After a short silence. "Yes."

He suggested, "We can save it for later." He tapped his hand as if asking him can he hold it.

Liam grabbed his hand as they continued walking. It seemed that Christmas lights were already being put up despite the holiday being a month away. The hung on the edge of the buildings and light poles. A cool breeze blew through the air. In result, Liam leaned against Alan's shoulder for warmth.

They didn't say much. There was no reason to say anything. They just enjoyed the weather and each other.

After a while, they stopped at a bench and sat down.

Alan laughed, "How can you just be in a cardigan. It's freezing out here."

"No, it's not," Liam replied. "It feels perfectly normal. You're the **** who's not normal." He gazed out at the scenery of cars driving by on the street and traffic light changing as they please. "Alan?"

"Hm?" He mumbled as Liam caught his attention again.

He scowled, "Wake me up like that again, ****, and you're ******** dead."

"Right," he said while laughing nervously. "Sorry about that. I just wanted to spend some time with you, and I wanted to ask you if you want to go to a party later tonight. Do you?"

"Nah," Liam said. "That is one thing I do not want to experience. Have fun." He added, "But if I find out you kiss someone other than me, I'm cutting your **** off."

"Yeesh," Alan said smiling. "You have a way with words."

He replied, "And you have a way with your mouth as well. Keep it to yourself."

"Got it," Alan said. "You don't even have to tell me."

They hung out until three. Alan and Liam stood in front of Liam's doorway. Alan said, "I'll call you after the party, okay?"

"Yeah," he replied.

Alan walked from the doorway and left for the evening while Liam went inside on his enormous house to chill.

Ugh, the first song was too short for this chapter, but it really fits the tone so I HAD to use it. In Love With A Ghost makes great music with oddly long titles. I just have to use one of their songs.