Chapter Six

Y/n's P.O.V.

  I sat there trying not to fall asleep as Ada was threatening to give me a wet willy. But I could see Rose sleeping soundly right next to Ada. Port's stories are so boring. Only an idiot would find them fascinating.

  Team RWBY sat below us watching Port as they were doing their own thing. Ruby was drawing, Weiss was listening occasionally glaring at Ruby, Blake and Yang were just passing notes towards each other.

  I placed my head down on my arms slowly drifting away to unconscious.

  In Dream

  The small five year old Y/n sat in her room happily playing with her favorite stuffed animal. She had a small tea set on a wooden box she used to reach things throughout the house. Her mother, Reyanna Taint, was downstairs in the kitchen preparing dinner for the family. It would only be minutes before Y/n's stepfather, Lucas Taint, came home from work. Which was the worst part of the day for everyone.

  Y/n had always been scared of Lucas as was Reyanna. From the start when she first met Lucas, Y/n knew he had been messed up in the head. Although Y/n was a very smart girl, she didn't show it around anyone which was the reason she knew her own mother was in a terrible relationship with this man.

  Y/n ran downstairs quietly to see her mother sitting at the dining room table crying. She could feel immediate sympathy but snuck into the kitchen. Y/n quietly opened the silver ware drawer to grab a sharp knife. She could already guess that Reyanna knew she was there but she didn't mind. Y/n tip-toed back up the stairs and slipped back into her room.

  Soon after Y/n placed the knife on the box and continued her little tea party. In the back of her mind she was thinking, if he comes in here he'll be in for a surprise. She smiled evilishly before her eyes widen and she shook her head. Where did that come from?

  She flinched as the front door slammed closed followed by yelling. She could hear her heart skip a beat as she knew who it was.

  "Get over there you bitch!" Lucus screeched throwing her mother across the room. Y/n jumped at the sound of thud as her mother dropped to the ground.

  Tears stained her face full of fear, she hadn't even noticed that she began crying. She could feel her body shaking and going frozen. As she listened to her stepfather yelling and throwing items around, Y/n locked her door.

  "Make me food you useless slut!" She heard him growl. He threw a vase at Reyanna, she ducked making the vase shatter to pieces when it hit the wall. "Look what you did! You broke that 500 dollar damn vase!"

  "I hope Y/n is okay..." Reyanna whispered weakly to herself, hoping that Lucas hadn't heard.

  "Where is that little shit you call a daughter?!" Lucas shouted. He shot up and threw his chair out of his way.

  Y/n's ears perked up quickly making her cry harder. She tried to keep quiet and listen for footsteps, there were no longer noises coming from downstairs.

  Y/n felt her heart pounding out of her chest. She didn't want another beating, she was healing from the last one and she didn't want to sleep outside again with Grimm possibly lurking around. And there was no way in hell she would sleep there tonight. You can run away you know? A voice said in her head, it wasn't her thought but something else.