Prologue

Davis wasn't sure what to do with the sleeping baby gorilla in his arms. For one he knew that the twins wouldn't mind having a pet but what will he do when it grows bigger.

"That little guy sure trust ya Davis"

Davis acknowledge a fellow soldier before facing the baby gorilla with a sigh "Where are you gonna take him?" Davis turned to see the sun that was already setting in the distance.

"I'm taking this little guy home"

***

6 year old Xena hid under the blankets in fear while watching a monster movie she had found under her uncle's collection.

"Xe what did I tell you about watching movies that are not on your age"

Zyra said sternly from the doorway to the living room. Xena turned to glare at Zyra in offense "I prefer to watch what Uncle D has in his room. Those nursery rhyme movies are not my type" Xena said with a wave of her hand.

Zyra sighed before looking out of the window to see night has already fallen "Uncle Davis should be here already" Xena paused the movie and turned to her sister.

"You know how busy he always is. Someday, we're going to help him out there and I'll get to meet the animals he rescued" Zyra smiled "You always were the animal lover type" Xena crossed her arms and gave her a smug look.

HONK!

HONK!

The two girls were immediately at the door as the familiar flashing headlights of their uncle came. Xena was the first to tackle a startled Davis as he entered the house before a small squeak made Zyra pull her excited sister off.

"What was that?"

Zyra asked before she noticed a rather odd bundle in the arms of Davis and her eyes went wide when she saw it move. Xena jumped up with a smile "What is it?" She asked and Davis placed a finger on his mouth before parting the bundle to reveal a small and terrified baby gorilla.

That is...it looked like a gorilla in their eyes.

"Why is it's fur white?" Zyra asked while Xena blinked and locked eyes with the frightened creature. Davis chuckled at their reaction "I rescued him from poachers, his mom was killed" Xena glared to no one in particular.

"Those mean...shit..."

"Watch your mouth young lady"

Davis warned before the baby gorilla gave a small hoot and wiggled from Davis's hold. Setting the baby down, the three watched as it crawled out of the cloth and looked around.

Zyra coed "Hey little guy, aren't you just the cutest thing" She held out her hand and the baby eagerly grabbed it and swung it around.

Xena made muffled noises in the back of her throat "Can we keep him?" Davis shrugged his shoulders "Only if you promise to take extra good care of him while I'm gone for work AND he needs a name" the baby hooted again, looking at Davis in confusion.

"Let's name him George from my favorite cartoon movie"

"That cartoon movie is lame Zy"

"It has it's perks and the baby here is almost as energetic as the monkey in the TV"

Xena pouted and looked at the gorilla baby and sighed "If you name him George then I'm naming him another name" Davis held out his hand.

"You can't give him another name Baby girl you'll just confuse us"

Xena shrugged "I was thinking of calling him Brother Ape since he's going to be part of our naturistic family" Zyra pondered for a bit.

"That doesn't sound bad actually. What do you think Uncle D?"

Davis smiled at the name and nodded "I think that nickname you gave him is alright" The baby, now named George, gave an excited hoot and scrambled to climb on Xena.

She gave Zyra a smug look "See...now that's how you name someone who actually likes the name" Zyra rolled her eyes and lightly jabbed her sister in the side.

Davis smiled at the three before George clambered down from Xena and bounded over to him.

"Welcome to our little family then George"

Davis said, tickling the baby gorilla in the stomach. It responded with a joyful hoot, immediately telling the entire Okoye family that he trusts them enough to become his new family.

***

What do you guys think?