Chapter 24

mackenzie' POV

when we reach joey's house i see my other friends and some other people i don't know the name of. i step out of my car and walk over to carson. when he spots me he pulls me into a tight hug

"hi kenz," "hey cars" i sigh "we'll make this work" he says as he strokes my back. then he reached for the back of his jeans pulling out something shiny. when he hands me the object i realize its a gun. he looks me in the eye.

"walk in behind me with that pointed at either joey or the gang that's with him. okay?" i feel fear pulling on me. telling me no. say no say no. but i refuse to let fear take over me. even though i am really scared. "okay" i nod as i take the gun from him. when i look back i see nadia and brynn holding one too. dylan is holding a bat and lexi is armed with a knife.

"where is lauren?" i ask as i look behind me. "nadia told her to stay in the car until we needed her. so she might come out later."

i glance behind carson to see a really big group of people just standing there. one of them i recognize. without a doubt i yell his name

"matt?" i walk over to him. he spots me and walks up to me. "hey kenzie. i-i'm truly sorry" he says as his eyes get gloomy. "i never meant for you or your family to get hurt. i didn't know it was you or maddie i really i-."

i cut his rambling off by tackling him into a hug snuggling my face into his neck. "i'ts okay. i forgive you" i pull away and smile. "i've missed you matthew" i look back around spotting who i think are jayden and connor. and i see jacob and i see a ton more people standing there armed.

"okay. are y'all ready?" carson asked as he layed eyes on us"

"we sure are" we all yel as we walk up to joey's door. me right behind carson and jacob.

carson kicks in the door and yells for us to keep walking. jacob links backs with me as we turn to see one of the members on my side. i point my gun at him and he turns the other way.

"go! go! go!" carson yells as we kick down the living room door. joey's eyes fixated on mine immediately. it sent a shiver down my spine and showed me fear.

"kenzie?" i hear johnny's voice and look to the right. there he was. the most precious human being alive. tied to a chair. next to him is harvey and next to harvey is hayden. crying.

he looks like shit and his hair is all messed up. they all had gags in their mouths. but johnny didn't. joey probably wanted information out of  him

when i look more to my right i notice ashton and caden

and when i looked back at joey. i saw annie.

i also noticed why hayden was crying. dylan wasn't kidding. there was a gun pointed at annie's head.

i pulled up my gun and pointed it at joey as carson jacob and the other group of people came standing behind me.

annie yelled into her gag as joey hit her in the head.

there was a raven haired boy behind joey. i didn't recognize him until johnny started talking.

"look" he clenched his jaw and groaned. "i don't know but seeing as brandon is still alive and you've done damage to mackenzie to get back at me this is supposed to be over"

joey chuckled. "that's not what brandon thinks. you didn't just beat him up johnny you took the only person he loved away from him and you had no right to that"

i cut in after hearing the name brandon multiple times. "johnny? i thought brandon was dead" carson nods "so did we?" johnny dips his head in the direction of the raven haired boy.

"b-brandon?" i hear a small voice behind me and when i turn i see it's lauren. she starts taking small steps in the direction of joey and the raven haired boy.

i see the boy taking steps away from joey and towards lauren aswell. when he gets a little closer. joey yells "brandon step back, now!" his voice held fear. i could hear ir.

in a quick movement joey flipped the gun out of annie's direction and points it at lauren.

i yell out of fear "drop your weapon!"

he flinches at my action but the gun is still in his hand. i decide to make myself clear.

"drop the weapon or i'll put a bullet trough your head"

a voice from behind me that i assume is brandon's is heard. "joey she's right drop your weapon this isn't your fight" brandon confidently states. i cringe at his words. joey turns his head to face brandon  "what the fuck man? are you seriously switching up on me?"

brandon's voice got deeper. "joey none of this is mackenzie's fault. or johnny's"

no. this boy does not get to switch everything up. i won't let him do that.

"listen you ugly self centered narcissistic raven haired juvenile bitch. i'm not going to just let you stand there switching this shit up. this is basically all your fault!" i groan at him "and you know what else. you're scared as hell. thats why you are on our side all of a sudden but no. you did this. you hurt me you hurt lauren you hurt johnny. this is all your fault" i feel my vision getting blurry and i notice that i'm crying. hard.

"mackenzie i-." he starts. i cut him off "you don't even know me. all this time i've blamed joey for all the shit you did".

i look at lauren who is eyeing me with full disgust.

when i turn myself around i look carson in the eye and give him my order to grab brandon and joey. and so they do even though the boys where trying to escape.

we untied johnny and the rest when harvey hugged me. tightly "thank you kenzie. i'll always owe you" he said i pulled away and nodded.

i turned back to johnny who hasn't spoken a word the last half hour. "i'm so-." he starts. i bring my hand towards his cheek and stroke it. "i love you" i mouth towards him as i lock our lips together.

carson had tied joey and brandon to the chairs that johnny and harvey were once in.

i took a gun from jacob and handed mine to johnny

this was it. i thought. this is the moment i kill someone. johnny saw i was in my thoughts and took a hold of my chin holding my face up to look at his. "im right here with you" he whispered and rested his forehead on mine.

we lock hand and use our other hand to hold up the guns directed towards the boy's heads. i have my gun pointed at joey and johnny has his fixated on brandon. "mackenzie are you sure you want to do this yourself" carson asked me as nadia and harvey intertwined hands. "yes" i coldy replied as i saw the twinkle of hate in joey's eyes

"3...2....1.."

i cold heartedly pulled the trigger with my pointer finger. the sound of it pulling and hitting their heads was heard and i flinched

there their bodies were. lying on the ground coldy. was this the end of it? i ask myself. i turn and jump into johnny's arms hugging him as tight as i can. nadia and brynn and all the other girls embrace me in a hug as we all come close as a group and hug once more.

the only person not joining the hug was lauren. she was just standing on the left looking at me. when i walked up to her with a warm smile and held my arms open for a hug i got a way different response

"you're a psychopath. and i hate you for it" she says as she cold heartedly slaps me straigh in the face and walks off. with everyone left behind in shock

-

im sad to inform all of you that this book is ending in a few chapter. do you want me to do a sequal?

dt;  purplefacey