Chapter Five

It's been a few days since that day with Alexander. Now I'm all back to business life, I must say, I did enjoy having a day off, out of all this stress.

After my usual morning jog, I decided on wearing a pencil skirt dress, nothing too fancy and too casual. Just like how Alexander said, his secretary gave Amanda a call regarding about the contract signing. My father's so pleased with the company's achievement. Bellisima Model Agency and Peterson Publishing Inc. are officially business partners.

Next week, the partnership of our companies will be announced to the public. It will definitely be something to talk about when other publishings and model agencies pick up the news. 

After eating my breakfast, I headed to the office to finish up some work papers. "Good morning, Ms. Bellisima, coffee or tea?" Amanda asked wearing her 'good mood' smile.

"English breakfast tea would be great, Amanda. After you get that, we can run through our schedule for today." I opened my office and to my surprise, there are white roses on my desk. How did they even get here?

I haven't received flowers in a very long while, especially white roses. They're my personal favorite. I went to my desk and inhaled the scent of fresh flowers, it's very soothing. Then, I noticed a small hand-written card.

"Tonight at eight?                                                                                                                                                                          -A.P."

I knew exactly who this is, none other than, Mr. Alexander Peterson. He never forgot about the 'next time' I told him. He wants to go out, should I say yes? I know we're just friends but am I misunderstanding his own intentions?

Amanda walked in with my tea and started a quick run of my schedule. Everything seems to be fine. "Ms. Bellisima, you're schedule from six in the evening onwards is clear." She said. 

When did I ever have a blank schedule? It's such a coincidence because Alexander wants to go out tonight too. I dismissed Amanda and gave myself a little time to think but then my mother gave me a call.

"Cupcake! How's everything?" I hate it whenever my mother calls me cupcake but a part of me also loves it. 

"Hello, mom, same old business. How's your new project?"

She sighed before telling the details of her not so exciting movie before she entered a surprising topic, "Tell me about this new guy that Christina's been talking about, honey!" Christina doesn't even know much about it and yet she had the guts to spill it with my mother.

"Oh, mom, it's nothing, we're just business partners now." I tried to get her to stop but it even got worse. "No, cupcake, if you're just friends then your father wouldn't have witnessed someone bringing flowers to your office!" Now, my father got involved.

"Mom! It's really nothing you need to worry about, they're just flowers, you know?" What does my father have to say about the roses, he hasn't called my attention to it. After minutes of persuading my mother to drop the topic, she eventually gave up.

Then, I headed to my father's office. "Hey, Kathleen, anything you want to talk about?" I realized that I actually came to his office for no specific reason. "Nevermind dad, it's not actually important." I gave him a shrug before walking out again.

"Something's bothering you, isn't it? or should I say, someone?" he laughed.

"Oh, dad. Please, mom already said too much!" He looked at me with his 'serious' look and said, "Who do you think cleared your schedule for you? Now, you've done so much for the company already, Kathleen. I know that you're the CEO but I have a month before I finally retire, let me handle it and enjoy a little freedom!"