Chapter Two

I managed to get a good sleep tonight. I excused myself from going to the office because of the event today. I gave Amanda a call, letting her know that I will be dealing with my scheduled meetings through video conferences. It's actually much more convenient for my side.

Sadly, the investors from London are making it a hard time for our business negotiation. Next week, I have to go there and deal with them myself. Since they have always dealt with my father, I am more confident that they would agree with me because I know that I can do better with negotiations.

Knocking before entering my door, my housekeeper said, "Ms. Kath, the stylist is here to see you." Though I don't remember calling Franco for today. I missed him too, I haven't been talking to him since he went to France and created his own salon business.

"Bonjour, madame Kathleen, and before you give me that 'what-are-you-doing here look' Christina gave me a call." Well, that's not a surprise anymore.

"Franco, you silly man! Stop being so professional, how's everything? I heard that your beauty business is doing very well!" I gave him a tight hug and kiss on the cheek.

"First of all, man is not really the right term for me." He laughed. "Second, I know that you were the private donor that helped me create that business. For that, I'm going to make you the most beautiful girl for the night!" He dragged me to my vanity room and started doing my make-up and then, my hair.

Usually, I don't call for stylists anymore since I'm used to doing my own looks but Franco is really good at what he does. He knows how I want to look and he never fails to keep me looking natural.

"How's Daniel? You two lovebirds really need to plan a wedding soon!" I teased. He and Daniel have been together for a long time now.

"Oh, you haven't heard? It's next year, September." Franco exclaimed. I'm surprised and happy about his news. My college buddies are finally getting married.

"That's great news! I hope I'm on that guess list of yours." We both laughed. "Of course, you'll be in the VIP list. Now, I want you to go to that ball and get a man of your own!" He gently slapped my back.

"It's more of a business event, Franco. I'm only going there because of my dad. Other than that, I'd rather spend the night catching up with you and your life!" With what I just said, Franco's extremely happy vibe turned into concern.

I'm getting one of those 'it's about time you let your heart love' talks again.

"My dear, Kathleen. I think my job here is done, you look absolutely stunning. You'll be the star of the night." He changed the topic and turned my chair to face the mirror. I must admit, I look better than my stressed face before.

After finishing my conversation with Franco, I quickly realized that I have less than two hours before the charity ball. I bid my goodbyes to Franco, promising him that I will see him before his wedding.

I took off my robe and changed into my evening gown. Since I am wearing a dark blue dress, I matched it with white silver pieces of jewelry. Then, I wore my Christian Louboutins. I looked at myself again and once I was contented with how I look like, I misted perfume. I only put a little amount because I prefer my natural scent.

"Ms. Kath, you look beautiful." Julie, my housekeeper looked at me as if she saw me for the first time.

"Thank you, Julie. You can take a day off, I might be staying at Christina's place tonight. I'll see you tomorrow night?" Julie has been working hard so I decided to give her some rest. She needs to visit her daughter too, I know that they both miss each other.

"Thank you so much, Ms. Kath. I already called Austin for you. He's waiting outside. I hope you enjoy the night." I gave her a smile before leaving the apartment.