"But you did my makeup so well yesterday," countered the redhead.

"Weren't you the one who said paint doesn't blend like makeup?"

Kirishima pulled his canvas from the stack. "Touché," he admitted. "I take it you're not in an art class, then."

"Nope. I'm doing all my elective shit in gym."

Well, that definitely explained the freaking abs Bakugou had-the ones that Kirishima had been finding it increasingly difficult to keep his eyes away from while they were getting dressed in the morning, seeing as Bakugou had picked up a habit of walking out of the bathroom after his shower only half dressed most of the time.

"Have you ever taken an art class?" Kirishima couldn't help asking as he retrieved a table top easel and set it up at his usual corner table where Bakugou plopped himself down on a stool beside him.

"I did in like, elementary school."

"That doesn't count. Everybody does that."

"Then no."

"And you don't just do art for fun, right?"

"Nope."

"Then of course you suck at painting, man."

"What the fuck is that s'posed to mean?"

"It means you've never had any practice," the redhead called from across the room again while he gathered the paints and brushes and such. "Sadly it's not really a matter of  'natural talent'. Like, you gotta practice and really wanna get better at something to actually get better, and it doesn't happen overnight like lots of people think." He set the things down in his space, feeling the blonde's eyes on him the whole time, and went back for the palette seal box with his name taped across its blue lid. "Can't tell you how annoying it can be when people are like 'I wish I was talented like you' or whatever."

Bakugou's face, Kirishima found as he glanced at him again while planting himself on his stool once his smock was tied around his waist, was twisted up in confusion. "Isn't that a compliment?"

"I mean, that's usually the intention, but not really in the eyes of the artist."

"That makes no damn sense."

"'S because for one, it doesn't really focus on the art or the artist and two, like I said, 's not really talent. For most artists it takes a shit ton of work to get where they are, and most times where they are isn't their end goal. Hell, 'm not really sure if most artists actually get to that kind of end goal 'cause once they reach one, they always set the bar higher for themselves."

"...I guess?"

Kirishima found himself grinning when he got up once more to put some music on over the stereo speakers in the room. "Hmm... lemme put it this way-if someone were to be like 'yo, I wish I had muscles like you,' what would you tell them?" he said as he planted himself back onto the stool and raked his hands through his hair to tie it back.

"I'd just tell them to go to the damn gym."

"Why'd you tell 'em that?"

"Why else? 'Cause the only way you build muscle is by working out."

"See? That's exactly how it is with art-like building muscle. You gotta work for it. Just wishin' for it won't get you anywhere."

"You sound like a friggen Kindergarten teacher with all this 'practice makes perfect' bullshit," Bakugou mumbled as he crinkled up the wrapper from his crackers. "Trash?"

"Near the door. And hey, practice makes perfect isn't a total lie, man."

"Then what about all that shit they tell you about nobody being perfect, huh?" the blonde was saying as he crossed the room.