• Chapter Seven •

Magsimula sa umpisa

The last being commented by West, as he stared at the frail girl in the Gamma's arms. She couldn't possibly be the monster who murdered his family, she looked scared out of her mind just being a room of werewolves. 

Asher pushed through the warriors that were trying to get a closer look and Cassius followed quickly. Reeve's breathing increased with the close proximity of so many males and he'd barely reached the stairs when she started hyperventilating. 

"Reeve, just listen to my voice," Cassius soothed, jogging up the stairs, "No one will hurt you, they were just curious, I promise. Focus on my heartbeat and let everything else leave your mind." The words were thick on his tongue - the words of his mother - and he heard Leon giving orders behind him, luckily no one followed up the stairs.

Reeve's fists snatched his shirt, clenching impossibly tight, and her eyes flickered to his in panic. It was a direct replay of the same emotion she'd relayed to him before Deikota accidentally triggered her. He wished he could have seen it sooner. 

"Breath with me," He instructed when her breathing didn't cease, "Ignore everything. Ready? Inhale." They inhaled together, "Exhale," Reeve obeyed shakily, and they continued the process. Asher held open the door to Reeve's room as Cassius entered. 

Asher made a move to step inside but Cassius shook his head, "It's best you go. She's unstable." There was a pause and then Asher nodded, closing the door on his way out. 

Reeve's eyes flicked around the room and he stayed silent as he felt her tense muscles begin to relax at the familiar sight of her room. She eventually exhaled softly and he took that as his cue. He strode towards the bathroom, flicked the light on, and then set Reeve down on the side of the bathtub. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked, and he felt his own muscles ease tension when he saw the familiar expression of composed calm in Reeve's silver eyes; panic no longer riddling her. She was quiet a moment as he turned on the water and adjusted the temperature, then he leaned back for her answer. 

Reeve blinked, and then her shoulders moved a smidge. She made a face and tried rolling her shoulders again - executing a shrug - and he chuckled quietly, "Okay, then. I'll let you get away with it for now." He winked at her before grabbing a towel and dipping it in the water. 

He gently wiped away the mud coating her skin, pausing every few seconds when she tensed before continuing slowly, and eventually, he had her lean over the tub and he rinsed the mud from her hair. Her skin glistened when he was done and he ruffled her chestnut hair before leaving her to change into a dry pair of clothes. 

It was different seeing Reeve as a human and - somehow - he found it quite uncomfortable how quiet she was. Of course, she was still slightly in shock, but he was just glad she wasn't freaking out. He didn't know the extent of damage the human Reeve could do but he had a strange hunch that her wolf was her strength.

He helped her get into bed after she was done changing since she was still unable to master balance on two legs. It had been years of running on four legs for her and he could only imagine how different the two forms were. 

"Reeve, I know this is tough for you," He quietly spoke as he adjusted the blanket around her, "But you can still trust me. I'm always going to be here, you know that. And so will everyone else, we're all hoping the best for you. Take your time and don't push yourself. This is a change for everyone," He smiled as her eyes watched him curiously, "Now, get some sleep, you look exhausted." 

She narrowed her eyes, trying to protest, but then her eyelids fluttered and he had to contain his chuckle as she slipped under the throws of sleep rather quickly. He watched the stressful lines disappear from her face as her muscles relaxed completely, she looked utterly peaceful, and he quietly left the room.