• Chapter Fifteen •

"How soon is danger seen?"         

"Alpha, the Nashoba pack demands an urgent meeting with you." 

Leroy sighed, setting down his pen, "They can't demand anything of me, Lucas, but under what circumstances is this urgent?" 

"Their Alpha refused to speak without your presence. I have the warriors holding them on the east border, what is your command?" 

"What is the agreement between our pack and Nashoba?" 

Lucas was a quiet a moment before he sighed heavily, "I only know that they can't enter our territory without permission or it can be viewed as treason. Leon knows the most about the agreement." 

Leroy nodded, "Okay, let me talk to him." 

There was a moments silence as Leroy's eyes clouded over. A brief exchange of words and then Leroy frowned. He was about to speak but Asher suddenly came through the office door, completing inviting himself in. 

Leroy raised an eyebrow, "Could you knock for once?"

"Sorry, habit." Asher replied, breathless. 

"I'll speak with the Nashoba Alpha," Leroy stated, "Leon has informed me that their demand is within our agreement bounds - if the issue is indeed urgent. However, I'm only allowing the Alpha and Beta, no other pack member is to cross onto our territory. Got it?" 

Lucas nodded, "Yes, Alpha, the warriors are informed and waiting for our arrival." 

"What about Reeve?" Asher spoke up. 

Leroy tilted his head, thoughtful, "Have Cassius move her into one of the other pack houses. She can't be known. I would prefer that the newest arrivals are not seen either. Understood?"

"Yes, Alpha." 

Leroy and Lucas left the office immediately and headed in the east direction. The warriors around became alert as they received the news. Leon met up with Leroy a few miles from the border, joined by Ralf and West. As they made it to the border, Asher found Cassius and Reeve in the backyard of the Alpha's house. 

Quickly, they moved into a different pack house, along with Simon and Beau. Asher went through the Alpha's house and eliminated any trace of the she-wolf residing there, locking her room, and before long Leroy was returning with the Nashoba Alpha and Beta. 

The Nashoba leaders watched their surroundings warily, their eyes searching, but they said nothing until the door of Leroy's office closed - leaving only Leroy, Asher and the Nashoba Alpha and Beta in the room. 

They took their seats and Leroy spoke, "To what do I owe the pleasure, Alpha Dean?" 

"I just received word from one of my Advisers this morning that Hunters are making their way East," The Nashoba Alpha replied, "They are on a straight path towards your pack and then my own. I'm sure you can understand my urgency."