• Chapter Twenty One •

"Nothing is impossible."        

A war of destiny. 

A war for freedom. 

That was the end of the journey. 

She stood admist her pack in the early morning light. The sky was not heavy with clouds, the sun cast the forest in golden shadows. An owl hooted in the distance. There was an eerie peace that cloaked the life around them. For once, the silence did not burden them. 

They knew of the fate they faced. 

They were not scared, they didn't shy away from the sword. They took a breath together, two hundred wolves as one body, and they exhaled into the brisk air. 

They calmly waited for the enemy. 

The same enemy that tore many of their lives apart, caused the tragedy that crushed their souls. They had run from the enemy but as the past chased, it was finally time for them to face it head on. It was time for them to stop running and defeat the enemy all together. 

A history waiting to be made. 

There was no guarantee that they would survive, she knew that. The chances of them losing their lives were great. They had tried to bargain with the surrounding packs, asked for their assistance once the Raburn Pack had joined them, but the packs were too scared. Even the Council. They all feared the outcome if they fought yet never thought of the outcome if they didn't.

But, it wasn't held against them. 

Everyone has their fear. A boundary that they can't cross unless someone shows them the bridge. It wasn't just a war for the past, it was also for that of the future. If they succeed this day, the future for all werewolves would no longer be poisoned by evil. There would finally be justice. 

A greater cause, a greater purpose. 

A destiny. 

She wouldn't have it any other way. If today was her last breath, it wouldn't be in vain. Her only regret was that she didn't try to kill the Conquistador Alpha sooner. She'd been too broken to try but now she was ready. 

Her family was silent as the wind gently brushed between them. An unspoken love drifted through their souls. Everyone was there, everyone but Cassius. She knew that he wanted to fight but the pack agreed that their priority was to protect Cassius. The one who was special. 

She felt content as she thought of Cassius miles away, locked in one of the jeeps, heavily under the influence of anesthesia. She knew he would be angry when he woke but at least the war would be over and he'd have a chance to disappear if need be. He'd have a chance at a new life.