Taylor

i got into the car with Selena and saw a woman that shared her curly hair, same nose, and eyes, and almost same jaw line too. 

"hey Selena! is this Taylor? I've heard so much about you!" the woman said with a bright smile.

"really?" i asked, confused

"moooom!" Selena whined

"sorry baby, i'm just so happy you finally made a friend!" she squealed before beginning to drive. Selena turned a darker shade causing me to chuckle.

"it's okay, i already like her!" i said happily.

"shes somethin alright." Selena muttered

"we gotta pick up your brother at the public school quick." Mrs. Mason said.

"half! Brother." Selena adds.

"why doesn't he go to our school?" i asked her.

"cause my Selena is smart enough to get into any school she wants!" Mrs. Mason exclaimed proudly.

"and your son issss?" i ask, hoping for some clarity.

"well, he's... Athletically inclined" she chose to say.

"oh, kay?" i say not really sure what else to say. as we pull up in comes a boy with brown wavy hair pulled up into a quiff, tanned, sun kissed skin, with big brown eyes.

"hey mom, Selena... other person..." he says, looking at me with a confused look.

"i'm Taylor!" i smile, extending a hand for him to shake. 

"nice to meet cha! i'm Dillan!" she says giving me a perfectly white toothed smile.

"Taylor is one of Selena's friends." Mrs. Mason confirmed.

"you have friends?" Dillan joked.

"hey! be nice to her! she's fragile." i defended, jokingly.

"i hate you all!" Selena groaned, pressing her head against the back of her brothers seat.

"you love us all!" Dillan counteracted with a cocky grin. 

"Your lucky i even tolerate you..." Selena muttered, but i saw the smile on her face.

we arrived at a big Spanish style house with white plaster walls and brick red shingles.

"pretty house..." i muttered under my breath.

"come on, i'll show you my room!"" Selena said excitedly.

"or you could go to my rooooom!" Dillan sang as we hurried in.

"in your dreams!"  i call back

we walk in and i see a bunch of movie posters all over the walls of Selena's room, a brown wooden floor and a door leading to the bathroom.

she had a double bed and a desk in the corner with a computer monitor sitting on it.

"lets do homework!" Selena said happily. 

"your too happy to do this shit." i state as i set down my bag  and open up my spelling book.

"i know you say this is easy but i can't do it!" i groan, gesturing to the pages of my sloppy handwriting, compared to my tutors pristine style.

"well your holding the pen the wrong way for one thing."

"the other ways uncomfortable." i argue

"well you gotta learn." Selena says matter of factly.

_____time jump_____

we complete homework and watch a few movies, i crochet during them, as  Carlos and Castro have introduced me to an addition of yarn. 

"kids dinner!" Mrs. Mason calls. we walk in and there's a Latino many wearing a suit sitting at the table.

"i'm Taylor." i smile, and shake his hand.

"she a girlfriend?" he asks Dillan.

"i wish..." he mutters, not meaning for me to hear.

"i-i'm sorry?!" i stutter taken aback. he blushes a deep orange nd sits down.

"she's my friend, thanks for thinking he got a girlfriend over me actually meeting a kid my age!" Selena sasses him.

'sorry kiddo..." Mr. Mason says obviously wanting to change the subject.

"sorry, this is just our family dynamic." Mrs. Mason apologizes noticing my discomfort.

"it's fine," i say, pulling myself together... does Dillan really like me?

"so Tay, what's your family like?" Dillan asks, pulling five tacos onto his plate.

"i dunno how to describe it... i'm sorta adopted, but... nothings really legal- i just kinda, showed up one day and they don't seam to want me to leave... so i stay." i say, playing with my sleeve.

"well, what aboout your biological family?" asked Mr. Mason. 

"Parents died when i was young, and i got no idea about any other family. let's not get too into it. this is really good food!" i say happily, taking another bite outta my taco. Selenas parents exchange glances and we talk about school. 

as it gotto be around nine i used their land line to cal Frank and have him give me a ride home.

"Bye everyone! thanks for everything!" i call as i walk outta the house with my things.

"bye Taylor, if you ever need anything feel free to come by!" Mrs. Mason said with genuine concern.

"will do." i smile back before going out and into Franks car and we drove home with him asking me questions about my day. i do think i've grown on Frank he's kinda like an uncle