• Chapter thirty-six

Nothing Else Matters ~ Chapter thirty-six

"See you later!" I said, watching Christina and Hayden take the twins down to their car. They had just come to pick them up from them staying over last night. I waved them off down the road before going back inside with Aston.

"Shall we have some breakfast now?" I giggled as I faced him. We had been too busy getting the twins ready this morning for when Chris and Hayden came to pick them up that we hadn't eaten ourselves and my stomach was growling rather loudly. I wasn't used to having two children to look after before myself.

"You don't have to tell me twice." He said. I jumped on his back before he started walking off and he held onto my legs to give me a piggy back into the kitchen. I was too lazy to walk myself.

"What do you want?" He asked, starting to open cupboard doors to see what he had in which was alot considering I had been shopping yesterday and stocked up on food.

"Whatever you want. I'm starving so I'll settle for anything edible." I laughed. He got out some bacon and started to make some bacon butties, all while I was still on his back. I think he had forgotten I was there as he got on with his own thing.

"You need a haircut." I said randomly, starting to play around with the small curls on top of his head that were starting to grow.

"I know, thanks for reminding me." He groaned.

"You still look hot though." I giggled, kissing behind his ear before jumping off his back. I saw him roll his eyes before carrying on with breakfast. I started to butter some bread for when the bacon was done which I knew would be soon.

"It's our anniversary in a few days." Aston spoke up.

"Yeah, I know. Four years.." I said, smiling.

"It's a long time, it's gone so quick though!" He chuckled, turning to face me and leaning against the side.

"You're telling me." I giggled. No way did it feel like we had been together four years. I still remember the day I met Aston and how we clicked straight away. I remember our first date and how I fell in love with him then and there. I remember every little detail about our relationship like most girls do and I wouldn't change them for the world.

"We're going out, alright? Some fancy place we haven't been to before." He grinned.

"Aston.." I complained, hating how he had to go all out and fancy. As much as I loved doing things like that with Aston, the whole romantic dinner in a posh restaurant, he always spent so much money that it was ridiculous.

"Shh, I want to treat my girl, okay?" He told me, walking over to me and resting his hands either side of me on the counter. I blushed when he called me that. I know thats exactly what I was but he didn't say it often and when he did it had some crazy effect on me.

"Okay." I sighed, deciding not to argue with him because I wouldn't win.

"I love you." He said and kissed me a few times.

"I love you too." I smiled before laughing as Aston had to rush off to the bacon that was nearly burning.

-
-
-

A few days later and here I stood in front of the mirror. I was just making the finishing touches to my appearance, ready to leave when Aston got home. He was at work and just needed to get changed then we would be leaving. I was excited and I had butterflies in my stomach about tonight but I had no idea why. I guess I just couldn't wait to celebrate four years of us being together. The years had flown by but I wouldn't change them for the world. They had definitely been the best years of my life. It got to six o'clock and I went downstairs ready to wait for Aston. He said he would be home around his time and I expected him to come rushing through the door any second. Although he didn't. It got to ten past..

Half past..

Quarter to seven..

Seven..

And finally at five past seven Aston came stumbling through the door. He didn't look one bit fazed or that he was in a rush to get in quickly. I had kicked off my shoes and turned the tv on by now. Knowing he wasn't coming. He looked up at me and his face fell.

"Baby, I'm so-"

"Just don't Aston. I don't want to hear your excuses." I said before he could finish his sentence. I was beyond furious and upset at him.

"You have to listen to me." He begged.

"Whats your excuse? You better have a reasonable one as to why you've missed our anniversary meal!" I snapped, turning the tv down and turning round to face him. Our table was booked for seven so we had missed our reservation and wouldn't get there until at least half past now.

"I do, I do..I just-" He sighed, putting his head in his hands.

"Did one of the boys hurt themselves?" I asked.

"No.." He said quietly.

"Did your car break down?" I questioned. He shook his head slowly.

"Then I don't want to hear what you have to say." I said, turning off the tv by the remote and walking past him to head upstairs. I paused when I got near him.

"Have you been drinking?" I asked, smelling the tiniest of smell of beer when I went near him. He gulped and nodded.

"Just a couple." He admitted.

"I can't believe this! You blew me off on our FOUR year anniversary so you could go to the pub. Does our relationship really mean that little to you?" I croaked at my eyes started to well with tears. I couldn't believe Aston would do something like this. He had always been so caring and showed that our relationship meant a lot to him.

"No, its not like that." He panicked.

"Then whats it like Ast? because I'm finding it pretty hard to see a different side to this." I whispered.

"I can't explain." He said, running his hands through his hair in frustration.

"So now I don't even get an explanation? I think I deserve one at least." I frowned.

"Yes, you do but I can't tell you, I'm sorry." He sighed, looking at me with wide eyes that were teary. I sniffed and looked away from him.

"I waited over an hour for you to come home, I thought I was going to have a nice, romantic meal with my boyfriend that I had been looking forward to all week but instead he goes to the pub for a few drinks because thats more important to him and he has the cheek to tell me he can't give me an explanation. I thought you were better than that Ast, I thought you were one of the good guys. I can't believe you'd do this.." I said before turning and walking upstairs before he could get another word in.

Aww so it didn't exactly go to plan aha. Comment and vote please! if I get 30 votes I'll post another part tonight 😊 thank you for reading xx