• Chapter two

Nothing Else Matters - Chapter Two ~

I was woken early morning by the sound of rushed footsteps around the room followed by wardrobe doors opening. My eyes flickered open and the first thing I saw was Aston's figure as he hurried to put some clothes on.

"Ast?" I croaked, my morning voice not sounding so good, "What are you doing?"

"Huh? Oh you're awake! Sorry, did I wake you?" He gushed as he quickly turned to look at me before continuing to mess with his hair in the mirror.

"Why are you up so early?" I took a glance at the digital clock on the bedside table, "It's only 8:45."

"I have work." He told me, walking into the en suit.

"Work? I thought you were off for the week to get the house sorted?" I asked, rolling onto my front and watching him wash the hair product off his hands that he used to flatten his usual fluffy morning hair.

"I was but management rung this morning, we've got a couple of interviews, a photo shoot..nothing major." He shrugged, wiping his hands on the towel before coming back into the bedroom again. He bent down to give me a quick morning kiss before heading for his top and pulling it over his head.

"But what about last night? You were up being sick for half of it." I frowned at the memory, Aston's brown eyes filled with worry and tears with every cough up.

"I'm better now, must have just been something I ate." He said casually, settling his hand on his stomach however his lack of eye contact told me he wasn't telling the truth.

"Are you sure? You still look awfully pale." I said in concern.

"I'll be fine. I won't be gone long anyway." He tries to smile as he fixes a beanie onto his head.

"You don't have to go, I'm sure they'd rearrange for another day if you're feeling off." I try to convince him but I know it's no use. Aston was just as stubborn as I was and he refused to let anything get in the way of his work, he hated letting people down, especially the boys when it came to the band.

"Theres no need, really." He picked up his keys and wallet from the dresser, putting his wallet into his back pocket.

"What time will you be back?" I asked, hoping he wouldn't be out too long.

"I'm not sure, I should be back by around three." He comes over to me, leaning down slightly and kissing me a few times.

"Well okay, have a good day." I said warily, watching him walk over to the bedroom door.

"And you baby." He said.

"Say hi to the boys from me!" I called, even though I had seen them last night.

"I will," He shouted back as he'd walked out the room, "Love you!"

"Love you too." I smiled to myself. A couple of minutes later and I heard the door shut, soon followed by the sound of Aston's car roaring and reversing out of the drive way. Sometimes I wonder what goes through that boy's head, going to work when he knows fully well he isn't well enough to.

-Aston-

I drove to work, my stomach still feeling dodgy and not quite right but I just went with the theory that if I didn't eat anything then there was nothing to come up. It had been a long time since I was last sick, possibly before I left home so I wasn't going to let it get in the way of working. Although Hannah was right, I didn't feel well enough to work but I wasn't going to admit that.

I pulled up outside management, the usual car/van that takes us everywhere waiting out the entrance for us. I saw the other three boys' cars in the car park, it was pretty much only our four cars here. I parked up in a free space and made my way into the building, seeing the three silhouettes of my band mates sitting on the leather chairs in reception. The door slid open automatically as I neared them, the boys' heads turning to look at me as they heard them open.