• Chapter Twenty-four

Nothing Else Matters ~ Twenty-four

I put the last remaining plate from lunch onto the draining board as I finished washing it up. I pulled the plug from the sink and held my hands under the cold tap to wash away the small amount of bubbles left on them. I heard Aston's footsteps on the stairs as I turned off the tap so I dried my hands and went out to meet him at the bottom of them.

"The boys are outside," He told me when he noticed I'd walked into the room. I could hear the constant beep of a car horn coming from not so far away and guessed it belonged to the car he was going in, a signal to tell Aston to hurry up.

"Alright, you better get going then," I said. He nodded and picked up his keys, wallet and phone off the side, shoving them into his jeans and jacket pockets. He turned to face me with a concerned look on his face.

"What?" I frowned in confusion, stepping closer to him.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing?" Aston asked worryingly as he stood by the door ready to leave.

"Yes Ast, I'm more than sure," I told him. I wondered why he worried so much about things like this. I supposed he just wanted me to be there supporting him and on time which I always made sure I was. I wrapped my arms around his neck and straight away his hands gripped my hips.

"You know how to get there? What time? Where to go?" He double checked. I mentally rolled my eyes at how much he was over thinking this but found myself feeling giddy at how sweet he was being.

"How many times have I done this? You worry way too much! You're like my farther," I giggled, "Now go, you'll be late!"

"Yeah, okay. I'll see you after the show," He smiled and lent forwards to kiss me.

"Good luck," I smiled too, kissing him again quickly, "And I love you,"

"Thank you and I love you too," He said and opened the door, looking down to the car where the boys were waiting for him. I waited by the door as he jogged down to the car and got inside. I saw the three boys waving frantically at me so I waved back with a smile. I waited until the car drove off before shutting the door behind me and going back inside to start getting ready. Rochelle and the girls would be here in an hour to pick me up so I had plenty of time.

Tonight, the boys were doing a one off gig for a handful of fans. It would be recorded and broadcasted on tv for fans who didn't get to be there in person. The boys had done this before a few times and it had always been a success so wanted to do it again. It was all about the fans as they would say and everything they did was to make them happy. The girls and I were obviously going to be there along with a couple of other family members too.

After having a shower without getting my hair wet as I washed it last night so I wouldn't need to today, I went into the bedroom in my towel. I went through my wardrobe and got out the outfit that I'd chosen to wear for today and put it onto the bed. I dried and got into my clean underwear before sitting in front of the mirror to start on my hair. I curled it so it looked like it had a natural wave and sprayed it with hair spray to make sure it would stay as my hair was thick and heavy which meant the curls dropped out easily. I kept my make up pretty natural to make sure I wasn't covered in it, since I was going to be on television and judged by anyone watching it including the papers who would write an article on the show. After finishing on my appearance, I got changed into my clothes and slipped into my shoes as the time was getting close to four o'clock and the girls would be here any minute. I got my bag and filled it with everything I needed, spraying some perfume on myself and went downstairs. I doubled checked I had everything, my phone bleeping while I was doing so.

Rochelle:
*We're outside, hurry up though..we're already running late x*

I didn't bother replying and just put my phone back into my bag. I grabbed my keys from the bowl by the door and went outside. I gave the girls a quick wave before locking the door behind me and chucking my keys into my bag. I rushed down to Rochelle's car, the back door being opened for me by Chloe who was also sat in the back.