• Chapter thirty-four

Nothing Else Matters ~ Chapter thirty-four

"Baby, I'm home." I shouted as I walked through the front door, wiping my shoes on the mat. I got no response but heard giggles coming from the front room. I kicked off my shoes and dumped my keys in the side before going into the other room to see what all the laughing was about. As soon as I saw what was going on, my heart melted in my chest. Hannah was sitting in the middle of the room with both Mia and Finley on her knees while they played together. The sight of her with children brought this giddy feeling in my chest.

"Hey guys." I grinned walking into the room properly. The twins looked up at me from their game and instantly jumped off Hannah's knees, running over to me.

"Uncle Aston!" Mia beamed.

"Hey beautiful. How you doing?" I asked and she started explaining to me all she had been doing since I saw her last. Finley chipped in at times and tried to tell his story at the same time.

"Alright you two, don't chew his ear off." Hannah giggled after a while of them non-stop speaking without coming up for air. I looked up at her and we clashed eyes, both of us sharing a smile. She looked so beautiful, her eyes lit up as she smiled at me. That dazzling smile. Everything about her was perfect.

"They're okay, they have a lot to say." I shrugged and put the twins down from where I had picked them up.

"What are you two terrors doing here anyway?" I joked.

"Hayden and Chris wanted a night off so I offered." Hannah pitched in.

"So we have you for the night? Greeeat." I said sarcastically which made them both huff and hit my legs. I laughed loudly.

"But you know what that means we have for tea?" I teased, knowing they would catch on eventually. It took them a few seconds but they soon got on and squealed.

"MCDONALDS!" Finley shouted at the top of his lungs which almost deafened me and his sister.

"Aston, we can't keep giving them crap every time they come here. My brother will kill me or Chris will at least." Hannah tittered, crossing her arms over her chest.

"They'll be fine. Kids love McDonalds." I grinned.

"And you do." She smirked. I shrugged, not being able to deny that I do.

"Go get your coat and shoes you two, we're leaving in a minute." I told him and they shot off faster than lightening to get their things together. I watched them go, laughing to myself at how excited they were over some restaurant.

They came back a few minutes later in their coats and shoes. Hannah and I got on ours as well before making our way out to my car. Chris and Hayden had left us with their car seats in case we needed to go anywhere with them. We strapped them in before getting in ourselves.

"Next stop, McDonaaaalds!" I cheered as we reversed and the twins cheered and clapped as well.

"You're just as crazy as them." Hannah giggled, linking our fingers and resting them on her knee. I just smiled at her.

-

I pulled up in the car park of McDonalds, luckily it didn't look too busy. Hannah and I hopped out of the car and went to the back to get the kids out who were buzzing and jumping around. We let them out and locked up, I was carrying Finley and Hannah had hold of Mia's hand.

"Park!" Mia gasped, pointing to the children's play area that was outside.

"Maybe later Mia, lets get something to eat first." Hannah told her. Mia nodded without a fuss and followed us through the door. The queue was rather small but Hannah went to find a table with the twins while I ordered our meals.