Chapter 38

Saturday was Leslie's day off, and she was so excited to spend the evening with Greg that she was at a loss as to how to pass the hours before he was to pick her up. Right after lunch, she got a text from him asking if she wanted to help him out with a project he had to get done for work. Without hesitation, she sent him an affirmative reply. It didn't matter what the job was, she was dying to spend extra time with him. Work had been keeping him so busy that any time she could have with him was precious.

In a matter of minutes, she heard his pickup pull up outside of the door, and she ran outside to meet him. He was standing by the passenger side door holding it open for her; he gave her a hug before she climbed in. "Are you ready to help me out? I could sure use a woman's opinion."

"I'm happy to help. I just hope that my opinion will be worthwhile."

"Of course it will be. You have far too little faith in your own abilities."

He gave her a warm smile and shut the door. Once he had pulled out onto the street, he took her hand. "Today I am picking out some paint and carpet samples to show my client. We have the outside of the building complete, now we need to get things picked out for the inside. I was hoping you would be able to help me decide on some swatches. I'll need to bring them to my client next week. It's an office building, so we will try to keep that in mind. My client is fairly traditional, so we should steer clear of anything that's too over the top."

"Oh, that sounds like fun! I love this kind of thing." She bounced on the seat in excitement.

"I thought that this sort of thing might be in your wheelhouse. Who knows, we might have to make this a tradition. I'm pretty bad at this stuff."

"You have far too little faith in your own abilities." She laughed as she used his own words against him, and he threw her a phony glare.

When they arrived at the interior decorating store, Leslie went immediately to the rainbow wall of paint color chips. There were a plethora of colors and shades, and she let her fingers run along the wall. "What is your client thinking? Were they wanting neutrals, or a specific color that we could find accent colors for?"

"They pretty much gave me free license. I just think they are looking for about three or four different options to choose from." He took a tan paint sample from the wall and held it up. "What do you think of this?"

"That is a very nice neutral color. What do you mean you are pretty bad at this stuff? You're a natural! Now look how that tan would complement this pretty sage green." She pulled out a sample and held it against his. "Or this cobalt blue; this looks amazing with the tan, and it's the same color as your eyes which doesn't hurt it's chances at all."

They found some other colors that would look great in a professional office and a few that were a little more bold. Greg thought the bold colors might look good as an accent color in some of the private offices.

He held on to the samples they had grouped together. "Let's go look at some flooring. I know they are wanting several rooms with carpet, and some with wood flooring. Help me figure out what would work with some of these paint colors.

After looking through the available options, they settled on three different carpets to show his client. One was a plush, light tan carpet with dark brown flecks, the other was the same carpet but a shade darker, and the third was a short carpet with browns, tans, and greens. The wood flooring they both liked was dark and textured and looked great with all of the colors they had found.

While they were in the store, they spent a little time looking and tile, cabinets, and various other things just for the fun of it. As they walked out the door hand in hand, Leslie nearly skipped to the car. This had been such a fun day already, and she was excited that she would get to spend the rest of the day with Greg.