Chapter 11

The next day, Greg had to leave the Fieldings' home and travel back to his temporary home at the construction site. He and Leslie exchanged several messages during the week, and each communication seemed to pull the curtain back a little further, allowing him to see what a treasure Leslie really was. He was amazed by her kindness and care of others, and the more she opened up to him, the more he saw her sense of humor shine through. As he contemplated all of her remarkable qualities, he found himself shocked that she had not yet married. How was it that no one had seen what a wonderful lady she was before now? The thought left him baffled and a humbled that perhaps God had saved her especially for him.

Every day Greg prayed for God's direction, and every day he could feel God bringing them closer together. He looked forward with anticipation to the weekend. Even though he knew she would be unable to attend the youth activity with him, he knew he would see her in church on Sunday; he would make sure to seek her out. He might even get really lucky and bump into her when she was taking Waldo for a walk.

Though he had met Leslie in person first, he was glad he had joined Christian Cupid. It was a great way for them to keep in touch during the week, and he couldn't deny the rush of excitement he felt after logging in and seeing that he had a message from her. It was that thrill each evening that made a hard day's work feel worthwhile. As much as he enjoyed the messages, he was glad when Friday's work was accomplished, so he could head back to the city that Leslie called home.

*********************************************************************************************

"So Leslie, tell us how the online dating is going." April selected a bright blue bowling ball, judging it's weight then inserting her fingers to make sure they fit properly. "We want to hear everything!"

"The first date I was on a week ago was a total dumpster fire of an event! His name was Jack, and he spent the whole evening talking about himself! If you know of any girls interested in a man with a jet ski, they need to look him up!"

Her three friends groaned in unison.

"At first, I felt like I must have entered my information in wrong, because the men I was being matched with were hopelessly different than what I had in mind! One of these guys collects tractors! I'm talking full sized, John Deere tractors. Now I can't think of any case in which a person would ever need more than one tractor, but this guy has eleven! I'm sure your next question will be 'Is he a farmer?' Let me answer that for you... No! He is an attorney! What attorney needs eleven green tractors? Or even one tractor of any color?"

April, Elle, and Margaret erupted with laughter. "What else? This is too funny," Margaret said as she wiped tears from her eyes.

"I've learned that a surprising number of men over thirty-five still live with their parents. Also, one of the gentleman who has sent me several messages is a magician. I haven't responded to him, because it was never my childhood dream to become a magician's assistant."

"There's someone you're not telling us about, Leslie. I can see it written all over your face." Elle could always read her like a book, and that typically bothered Leslie, but she was beginning to get so excited about Adam that she felt she would literally burst if she didn't tell someone.

"Well, there is this one guy," Leslie blushed as she mentioned him.

"Tell us about him!" Elle was excited to hear what Leslie was going to say. She had never seen her friend this animated, so she knew that whoever this stranger was, he had managed to crack a few of the layers that Leslie tried so hard to maintain.