a pizza my heart ~ newtmas

Começar do início

"What now?"

"We put the toppings on, Tommy."

"Right," Thomas blushed and looked down, exposing the side of his face. Newt noticed sauce on his cheek and smiled, pressing his lips on it. Savouring the taste of sauce and his boyfriend, he wrapped his arms around Thomas and connected their mouths. The kiss was sweet and full of love, as calm and relaxed as they felt. 

Thomas broke away first, his face a dark shade of red. He turned to the pepperonis and began putting them on in neat lines, unlike Newt. He just threw the mushrooms onto the pizza, not caring where they landed just as long as they landed on the pan. 

"Stop, Newt! You're messing up my pattern!" Thomas pouted like a little kid at his boyfriend, who laughed in return.

"Love, it doesn't matter. It's gonna be cooked over."

"It matters to me!"

"It all goes down the same bloody hole, Tommy. All your insides care about is if it tastes good."

Thomas gave a little "hmph" and knocked his hip against Newt's, who did it back. They hip checked a few more times, then Thomas shoved Newt and it turned into an all out war. They pushed and shoved, fighting for counter space. Thomas elbowed Newt away from the counter and grabbed the bowl of shredded cheese, sprinkling some onto the pizza and not allowing Newt to help. 

"Hah, I win!" Thomas brought the finished pizza over to the oven and set it on a rack. 

Closing the oven, Newt snorted. "You won cause I let you, angel."

"Sure you did."

Newt gave him a smirk and slapped his arm playfully. Thomas took some of the leftover cheese and sprinkled it onto Newt in retaliation. 

Brushing at himself, Newt growled. "You're gonna get it now, Tommy." He went to shove Thomas, but the brunet caught his arms and pulled him into a hug, a goofy grin on his face. Newt giggled and pecked his lips, turning back to the counter to clean.

Thomas slid his arms around his waist from behind, resting his head against Newt's shoulder blade. "How long until it's done cooking?" 

"Fifteen to twenty minutes, depending on how hot your oven is, baby." Newt glanced at Thomas over his shoulder. That was one of the things he loved most about the boy; Newt was a head taller than him, and they fit together perfectly. He turned and enveloped his Tommy in a warm hug. They stayed wrapped around each other until Thomas pulled away slightly.

"Newt?"

"Yes, angel?"

"You've got cheese in your hair." 

"Bloody hell," Newt's hands flew to his hair, "get it out then."

Thomas stood on his tip-toes and Newt bent his head. Closing his eyes, he enjoyed the feeling of his fingers running through his mess of blond hair. Then it stopped, Thomas' hands rested on his shoulders, and warm lips touched his forehead. When Thomas pulled away, Newt's eyes fluttered open. 

"Do you think it's done yet?" The boys could smell the pizza cooking, and Thomas' wide eyes showed just how hungry he was. 

"I dunno love, is it?" 

Thomas practically bounced across the kitchen, and Newt watched with a small smile on his face as the happy boy opened the oven, almost sticking his head inside to check the food. 

"Be careful, Tommy. We don't want you to burn yourself, do we?" Newt walked over, wrapping an arm around Thomas and bending slightly to look in the oven.  "I think it's good." 

Thomas squealed in delight, grabbing oven mitts out of a drawer and putting them on, he took the pan out. He set it on top of the stove and Newt grabbed the cutter, beginning to cut the slices. He accidentally set his hand onto the pan and instantly retracted it, hissing in pain.

"Newt!" Thomas took his hand, examining. "How slow are you? That's hot, and you burnt yourself!" 

"Yes, I realize, and it hurts like a mother-"

"No need to cuss, baby, c'mere. Run it under cold water, it'll stop the burning." Thomas tugged him over to the sink and turned on the tap, dunking his hand under the stream of cool water. 

"I think you need to kiss it better, angel."  Newt gave him an innocent smile and Thomas flushed pink, bringing his hand to his lips and kissing the burn softly. Turning his hand, he kissed each of his knuckles before putting his hand back in the water.

"Better now?"

"Much. Thank you, love." 

Thomas reached up and gave him a kiss on the cheek, resuming the job of cutting the slices. 

A little bit later, they were settled on the couch, cuddling in a blanket. They were watching Bambi, and the little deer reminded Newt of the boy curled on his lap. If Newt was being honest, it wasn't the best pizza he'd ever eaten. But his Tommy had made it with him, and that made it better.

~~~~

AN: Hello lovelies!

I've been so tired recently and I don't know why smh. I hope you all are doing well, though!

Don't be afraid to comment, I want to know what you think of these! Feedback is welcome and is super important to me, as it tells me what I could do better or fix. This is a recipe I made recently with my mom, and it is pretty good (in my opinion anyway) so if you'd like it, you can message me and I can send it to you.

The picture at the beginning is take-out pizza and not home-made, but it was a cute picture so oops. Also, in the middle when they're singing, I didn't specify a song so you could imagine they're singing whatever kind of music you like (personally I imagine them singing old, sappy One Direction songs lmao).

See you in the next chapter!