The Internet was different than a reality television show.

I became what women desired. I read the qualities and aspects that each woman wanted. I messaged women individually. Three women per day; after all, a snowball began with a few snowflakes. Before I knew it, women flocked to me. I stopped initiating the conversation. I woke up with praises, encouragement, compliments, and many other messages. I learned if I said something wrong.

#1. Give the woman space (this was where I "ghosted" them)

#2. When the time's right, they'll message me first.

The process began again.

Two simple rules that were easy to remember.

I looked forward to the future, whatever laid ahead of me. Two people made me reconsider my actions. The first won't be named. I shrugged as I recalled twirling her blonde hair. Her eyes held hints of emerald and sapphire flecks. I slouched further in my seat. She was no more. The other was Sugar and one stupid drunk call.

I didn't do it. She called me! Wait, not me, but Min-ho! I happened to pick up Min-ho's cell phone because I thought it was a secret girlfriend Min-ho was hiding. Min-ho dismissed anything to do with romantic relationships during his Christmas party. With enough gin and whiskey in my belly, I started to believe Min-ho was keeping a secret. Plus, I was too drunk to realize that it was Min-ho's business phone that rang and not his personal one.

I chuckled. One day after. Sugar must have thought long and hard to make this decision.

Min-ho relayed what occurred the day after the Christmas Party. I couldn't recall what I said, but I knew whatever it was, Min-ho wasn't pleased with me. I was like a droopy-ear, golden retriever with puppy dog eyes looking at my friend, met with disappointment. Therefore, Min-ho devised a plan. He wrote an outline, highlighting the purpose of the documentary (we hadn't come up with the project's title yet), Hazel, Inc.'s history, and most importantly inviting her on this journey. Basically he prepared a sales pitch.

During the weird week between Christmas and New Year's Eve, I discovered small personal information on social medial (TrueMatch, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and many more) about Sugar.

Sugar's posts were generic: animal videos, upcoming superhero movies, and television memes. There was a 2016 status read:

"Prayers for Papa and the family. Mama has arrived in Heaven – our Home – today. We miss her. Thank you. ❤️ 😢"

I had no clue she lost her mother. I remembered her grin when she explained her namesake. Her fingers interlocked and stayed on that coffee table. Her dry hands were red from winter's cold that day. I cut off her story.

I believed she wanted the same thing as I did. I was wrong. I smiled.

She's something.

Min-ho advised – no, he demanded I would not arrive at the meeting.

He believed my presence would affect her emotions.

She's not the only one who is affected. I'd like to hear what she'll say, especially when I poke at her. I have no idea what to expect.

Min-ho guaranteed me that Sugar's signature will be on the contract. At the meeting or a week later.

Hazel, Inc. edited my proposal, created a liability, and printed off contract forms. Once the forms were completed and Mr. Dalton and the Board's verification, camera people, sound editing board person, and other helpers would shadow me as I fulfilled my daily routines. I believed four or five people would constantly follow me. I wouldn't have a moment alone until the three to four months was finished. I emailed asking Mr. Dalton: "Why three months?"