Arman's POV

Arush left the room in hurry. I just kept looking at him. I shake the box to check what is in there and it was like sound of two small things colliding with each other. I opened the box to see that there is a ring which has been cut into two pieces. It looked so familiar but I couldn't recall. I opened the envelope and read the letter.

Arman as you may have seen the ring first and you may have recognized it that this was a gift from you to Raina. When Raina went into labor the doctors took a decision there which was right on their part to perform a c-section. But they saw that her fingers are swollen and it was getting late. The nurse tried to pull the ring out but it only caused more pain to her so they decided to cut the ring out. After the surgery when Ambar was born Raina died in an hour. I kept this ring with me and decided never to show it to Ambar because this ring always reminded me of what you did and what happened. I've always tried to save her from truth because I knew that truth will not bring any joy to her. Now you've again did the same thing. You didn't even cared for her whom you say is your daughter. Remember Arman that what you took away from us is precious. You didn't had and you will never have anything or anyone ,more precious then her. I swear to god if anything happens to her because of you no one can stop me from killing you. Her life should be long, prosperous and happy and should not show any signs of sorrow which reflected on her mother's life. Your only job is to make sure that nothing bad happens to her.

I kept the letter aside and stared at the ring. It had lost its shine. The ring looked so faded and the diamond in it was now just a stone for me. She wore it until her last day.

Arush's POV

I came back to our room and Tejas was out by now. He was ready by now. We then went back in Ambar's room. Arman's mother was still in the room trying to fold Ambar's shirts sleeve. She had taken the shower by now and was wearing her favorite loose shirt and I totally forgot about her dress. "Ambar we brought your birthday dress along do you want to wear it now?" Because every time she'll wear it in morning and spend her day in her 'birthday dress'.

"It's dress Arush." She said while fixing her shirt's sleeves. "I'll wear it in evening and besides whats the point. My plans for my birthday are ruined by that catcher of perverts. What will I do today?" I looked at Arman's mother and she just gave a smile at me and left the room.

"At least see who is in your room Ambar." Tejas said.

"Lets go eat I am famished." She said and walked out. We followed her. We came down and went in the dining room. The table is big and the amount of people I have seen in this house its not useful. Then we saw a little girl coming down she sat next to Ambar's grand mother. Even thinking of that is weird. "Ambar who is she?" I asked her.

"Arman's niece her name is Ridhima. Don't worry Arush even decent people live here."

"Who are they?" The girl asked.

"Ridhima he is Arush my brother." She said pointing at me.

"Ain't you angry on Mom and Dad." I asked her. She stopped from peeling the orange. "Arush, is this the time to talk about this. Have some breakfast first. Seems to me that you haven't ate anything since last evening."

"Don't change the topic. Aren't you angry on us. We promised you that we'll protect you and then we failed. Ain't you angry on Mom."

"What happens to you in between?" She said in frustration. "No I am not angry with Mom."

"Why?"

"Because she kept me alive." Alright that silenced me. "Arush Mom saved my life. She saved me from a life full of struggles. Mom and Dad saved me from being an orphan. I owe my life to her. Arush I can't imagine any other women who can be a better mother than her."

She looked at me in the eyes. "We turned out good because of them. They did one mistake and we both find it hard to forget because we have not seen them doing mistakes. We're not used to it."

"Will you trust her further Ambar?" I asked her and she removed her hand from my shoulder.
"Arush you are my brother and I love you a lot but you need to understand that we should not speak in front of other people against our family. Eat before I loose my mind."

Arman's POV

I heard what she said and now I realize that what ever I may do Ambar will never stop loving them. I sat next to Ridhima. "Happy Birthday Ambar." I wished her. She just nod her head. I saw her smile today for the first time, every time I saw her she looked serious. But suddenly she started to laugh slowly. Arush and Tejas looked at her with wide eyes. Even mother gave me a weird look. "What are you thinking?" Tejas asked.

"If to be serious I kind of feel bad about Vijay."

"Why?" Both Tejas and Arush said in union.

"Because I think he was feeling great that day. I guess even happy. For one minute he was on top of the world the other minute some guards were on top of him slamming his face in god knows what?" First I tried to hide my smile but then I saw that the boys, Ambar and my mother were laughing too.
"Hey stop it Ambar he even got thrashed by me." Arush said.

"I know." Ambar said. "It was not just my bad day. I was just transferred but he was caught in not his best time, insulted and thrashed twice."