14| Vestige

༄

The days seemed to pass by slowly. Most of my days had been filled with laughter and joy from Zack, who apparently was assigned to keep me company. Even though he wouldn't admit such accusations, the absence of Gaetano was enough to go by. Spending most our time watching Netflix or playing games, we never really talked about the underlying issue. Gaetano.

Or even the amount of mood swings that occurred during that time. Most of the time anger would last longer than the hurt, envy or even the sadness. But in the end, when the moon had taken its position in the sky, loneliness outweighed every other emotion.

And that's when I realised, whatever this thing was between us, it was enough to make me mad crazy. How could I possibly feel the desperate need to be near him when I'd knew it had been wrong. How did my feelings suddenly outweighed my morals? More importantly how did my morals become non existence every time he touched me.

"There are forces in the universe we can't explain but they can't be denied. This pull we have been between us, is one of those force baby."

I've been replaying his words over and over again ever since it escaped his lips. And every single time, his words allowed me to feel hopeful. Like the fact that he wasn't present most of the time had nothing do with me as a person but more with the situation at hand. Either way, every sleepless night I'd thought about every possible outcome in which I had not find my happily ever after, yet.

Other nights, this mystery of vivid dreams or visions kept me on my toes. The ever so haunting black wolf never to be forgotten. I was bound to get to the bottom of this. With or without his help. Starting with jotting down every single vision, feeling, event that occurred since I've met him, or long before I'd met him.

The fresh air whirled through my bundle of curls as I took a deep breath, trying to capture the soothing scent. The scent of nature. It's been a while since I'd found the courage to leave my room. Trying to avoid unnecessary run ins with any members of the pack, Lisa included. With the absence of my voice it made it even ten times harder to explain or connect with people.

The feeling of grass underneath my feet soothed me, sun rays enlightened the color of the grass as I kept walking. I had no idea what I was looking for until I had found it. A semi-white antique bench almost completely covered by branches of old trees was only a few feet away. The coils engraved into the sides of the bench gave away it's age as I smiled at the sight. I could picture it belonging to a loving family, the bench a center piece in the middle of a beautiful garden filled with flowers. Contradicting to the circumstances it appeared to be in now, in desperate need of fresh paint.

The coldness of the bench made its way through my sweatpants as I shivered at the touch. A unexpected breeze managed to drift my curls in different directions, partly covering my face. Once the wind had settled down, I rested against the frame of the bench, letting the peaceful sounds of nature unwind me.