Prologue

Runaway. Its all that went through the fifteen year olds mind. Once Gothi picked him to kill the Monstrous Nightmare he knew he had to runaway. After the Hooligans cheered for him to kill the dragon, he ran home and packed as many clothes as he could and some fish for him and Toothless. Once he got everything, he ran to the cove where Toothless was he left the flight gear back at the cove.

Once Hiccup reached the Cove he looked around for Toothless but he could not find his Night Fury companion. "Where is he?" He asked himself. He jumped when he saw a certain blonde haired Viking, Astrid. "Astrid?!" He called. She said nothing, she walked over to him. Now is not a good time for Hiccup. He had to leave and she was in his way. She thought she would be able to not handle himself, secretly when he was with Toothless he has trained himself with a sword. He never thought he would have one on him at all time. "What are you doing here Fishbone?!" She pulled out her axe ready to hurt him. "Why do you care?!"
"No one can get that good in training even you." She said cutting his shirt with her axe. Now he's had it. He took his hand and smacked her axe away so he could pull out his sword. "Now is not the time Astrid." He said swinging his sword at her. He was fuming. She had to admit, she never seen this side of him. Its kind of scary now that she thinks about it. She grabbed her axe and swung at him but she missed. "Not much of a Fishbone am I." He said tripping her. She hit the ground and all she saw was a sword at her throat. I am not letting him get the best of me. She thought. She rolled over and stood in the Hofferson fighting  stance. "Your good, but not good enough." He said grabbing her axe. She was confused. He put his sword in his sheath and examined the axe. "What are you gonna do, kill me?" She said. He then did the unthinkable, he broke her axe in half and threw it at her feet, he made that axe for her. She never did know that he could fight or break her axe. She underestimated him. "Why are you here?!" He yelled. At this point she was scared. "I came looking for you to...congratulate you." She lied. He scoffed. "Your a horrible liar. I'll ask you again. Why are you here?" She was about to answer but looked behind him to see a Dragon running after him. "Look out." She said reaching for axe head but she never even touched it. Toothless had fire a plasma blast at her knocking her out. "Toothless don't!" Hiccup yelled. The 15 year old Night Fury stopped and looked at his rider. Hiccup walked over to her and realized she was knocked out. "She's knocked out but she'll wake up soon bud, we have to go now." He then went for his clothes and food and put them on Toothless back. He then got on his dragon's back and rode away from Berk.