Chapter 33 Happy New Year Dear

Start from the beginning

“The contest is rigged.” Liam declared, crossing his arms to his chest. Seth is still too stunned to even talk.  Kendall and I cleared the shots faster than he did. “I am not paying up, O’Connor.”

Dylan is scratching his head like he did not know what just happened. “Where did all the alcohol go?”

Kendall and I just laughed. We do not really care who wins. I think we both did plus those were free drinks.

It is only 9 o’clock in the evening. We still have three hours to kill before the clock strikes twelve.

I motioned for Cranky Boy to come to me with my pointer finger. He walked over to me grinning. “Dance with me.” I didn’t really wait for his reply. I dragged him to the dance floor.

“Babe, I have a confession to make.” He began. I was already shaking my booty to Enrique Iglesias’ latest collaboration with Pitbull. I moved nearer so I can hear him better. “I don’t dance in clubs.” I heard him say.

I cocked my head to the side. He is not dancing. He is just standing there looking at me. “You danced with me at your parents’ anniversary dinner.”

“That was a slow dance. I don’t dance in clubs.” He said, still looking handsome even if a slight frown is forming on his face.

I bit my lip. He only dances to slow songs. Huh. “Wait here.” I went over to the DJ and asked for a slow song. I told him not to play it until I am back where Dylan is standing. I walked back to Cranky Boy looking smug.

Now, he does not have any excuse. He wants a slow song; I’ll give him a slow song. He does not even have to dance. He just needs to hold me close and sway to the music with me. Hmm, I think I am going to enjoy this dance very much.

He raised an eyebrow when I stood in front of him just smiling. I raised my arm and snapped my fingers to signal the DJ. I put my arms around Dylan’s neck. I smiled, looking up to him. He looks confused but followed my lead by wrapping his arm around my waist. He held me tight like I had hoped.

The lights changed from the harsh blinking strobe lights to a darkened one with little soft, twinkling lights. The lights resemble the stars in the night sky. I have to hand it to the DJ and his floor manager. They get women and romance. Then, the DJ played the song I chose.

Shadows grow so long before my eyes
And they're moving across the page
Suddenly the day turns into night
Far away from the city
Well, don't hesitate, cause your love won’t wait...

Ooo, baby, I love your way, everyday
Gonna tell you I love your way, everyday
Wanna be with you night and day

My gaze never left Dylan’s. He held my gaze too. His eyes are shining and are looking at me with so much love. I feel loved. I pulled him down for a kiss. “I love you.” I whispered in his ear after a while.

“I love you more.” I heard him say and he kissed me again.

“I would have sung that for you but you know I cannot really sing.” I teased.

He smiled mischievously and nodded in understanding. “I guess you need more alcohol to be able to sing.”

"True." I readily agreed. I contentedly rested my head on his shoulder.

There were other couples who started dancing with us. I saw Uncle Aidan with Aunt Lily and Marie with Uncle Rick among them. After the song ended, the DJ played another slow song so we kept on swaying to the music.

When we got tired, we sat by the booth and chatted with our friends. Kendall is busy fending off Liam’s flirtatious talks. Seth looks pissed. Dylan and I are just watching the spectacle with amusement. We both think Seth is into Kendall. For some reason, he is not acting on it.

It is almost midnight. We stood by the large glass windows, wine glasses in hand. We have a very good view of the New Year’s Eve Ball. I have known Dylan since I was four but this is the first time we will be welcoming the New Year together.

“10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1…Happy New Year!!!” The shouts, whistles, hoots and howls bounced off the walls. We raised our glasses for the toast then everyone started hugging and kissing one another.

As usual, time stopped when Dylan kissed me. My brother had to tap my shoulder so I could give him my attention. He is smirking and shaking his head. “Happy New Year, sis.” He said, hugging me tight.

“Happy New Year, brother. I hope we both have a great year ahead. Who knows maybe you’ll fall in love, too?” He flicked my nose.

“You’re not going to let it go are you?” He furrowed his brow. He could get really serious sometimes. I wonder why he wants to keep his relationship private. I used to know every girl he dates.

“Nope. I’ll pay you a visit in March.” I said shaking my head, smiling. I am really interested to meet Miss Maid of Honor. He just rolled his eyes on me.

We hang around the party for two more hours. I am feeling a bit tipsy from all the drinking and dancing. I think I will have a bad hangover tomorrow. I searched for Kendall to tell her I will be retiring to our hotel room. We will be sharing a two bedroom suite with her mom.

“Where are you going?” Dylan asked. I have circled the lounge but I still cannot find Kendall. I wonder where she headed off to.

“I am looking for Kendall. I am really sleepy. I’ll just send her a message. Will you walk with me to our hotel room?” I asked him while distractedly typing on my phone. I tried calling Kendall earlier but it hit voice mail. I am not dialing again.

“Sure. Let’s go.” He is giving me a goofy grin right now. I wonder what is up with him. Not another surprise, I hope. He loves surprising me when he knows I hate surprises. “Come on.” I felt him tug at my hand. I eyed him suspiciously. He just smirked and dragged me towards the exit.

“Relax. I thought you want me to walk you to your hotel room.” He said winking at me.

He led me to an elevator that brought us up to the higher floors. The floors seem too private. We walked hand in hand and stopped by the door. He swiped a key card and we entered a dark room. He flipped a switch and the room is bathed in light. It is a huge room with floor to ceiling glass windows.

“Uhm…this is isn’t my hotel room.” I am drunk but not that drunk. I remember how our hotel room looks like. I even left my bag in my room which does not look like this.

I heard him softly chuckle. ”It is our hotel room.” He declared. I just gaped at him. “What? You don’t want to stay with me? I want to start the year with you.”

Of course, I relented. I don’t think I could ever say no to this guy. That night, we slept in his hotel room. We set off our own fireworks that I hoped would last a lifetime.

~*~*~*~*~**~*~

Thank you for sticking with me until now. Hope you like this one. xD

 VOTE if you like this chapter :)