Chapter 46

Astrid's P.O.V.

It was half way into my week off and I haven't left the house except to go to school. I've just been sitting in my room, carving due to boredom instead of anger, fear, irritation, etc. And...Hiccup and I have made sleeping in the same bed a regular habit... You'd think it'd help me with my "lack of sleep" problem, but it really just made things worse. It's like I can't sleep soundly, with him in the same room, without yelling at him for a few minutes before hand. And unfortunately, we haven't had any fights since last time. On top of all that, I got a letter, today, from my father...and I couldn't believe I was reading his handwriting. Right now, I was laying on my bed, doing homework and blaring my music from my phone as I waited for dinner to get here. We'd just decided to order a pizza since we were too lazy to cook anything. A loud pounding sounds on my door.

"Come in!" I yell, turning my music down a little. Hiccup walks in, rubbing his ear.

"Does the music have to be that loud?" he asks with a small chuckle.

"Oh, my Thor, I didn't know I was disturbing you. I'm sorry," I say as I turn it off. He then comes to sit next to me as I turn back to my math.

"Are you kidding? I got this done in five minutes," he says as he sees my progress.

"I'm taking my time. Trying to kill boredom," I tell him.

"I gotta way we can kill boredom," he says, into my ear, seductively before I felt his finger tickling my bare neck.

"Hiccup, no. Stop it," I say, wiggling away. He tries to do it again, but my shoulder jumps, pinching his finger to my jaw so that it doesn't have any effect. "I said stop it," I say, looking at him from the corner of my eye. He just smirks as he takes his hand away and I put my shoulder down.

"You liked when I did it last night," he says softly, brushing my hair behind my ear.

"It was in different circumstances. I wasn't trying to do homework," I say before he took my folder and pencil from me. I looked at him before he handed it back to show me that he answered all the questions. I sigh, putting my papers to the side, before going into a half-plank and looking at Hiccup. I then peck his cheek before raising my eyebrows. "Happy?" I ask, making him pout playfully.

"No," he grumbles. I give him a small kiss on the lips.

"Now?" I ask. He shakes his head. His pout turns to a smirk and he slowly connects our lips before running his fingers through my hair as he gently pinned me to the mattress. We moved in sync before he accidentally rolled us off the bed. We pulled away to catch our breath with small, slightly pained laughs.

"Forgot we're not on my bed," he chuckled breathlessly. Suddenly, the door bell rings and he groans before dropping his head to the floor, next to mine. "Pizza's here," he sighs before getting up and extending his hand. I take it and he pulls me to my feet before kissing my cheek and going downstairs. I finished putting my homework away and glanced at my desk drawer, where I kept my dad's letter, before going to the living room. "So, what do you wanna watch?" Hiccup asks as I sit on the couch and he puts the pizza on the coffee table.

"Um...how bout Night and Day?" I ask and he nods before putting it in as I grabbed a slice and started eating. He sits next to me with his own piece of pizza as the movie powers up.

Half way into the movie...

"Are you okay?" Hiccup asks, pausing the movie.

"Yeah, why?" I ask.

"We've watched this like a thousand times, and every time, you have laughed your head off by now," he says.

"Well, that's probably because this is the 1,001 time we've watched it," I say and know, without looking at him, that I've earned myself an eye roll.

"Astrid, can you look at me?" he asks and I slowly turn my head to face him. He cups my chin before examining my face. Fortunately, I was able to figure out what he was trying to do, and took all emotion from my gaze and facial features. "Astrid, come on, I don't like it when you do that," he says when he realizes what I did.

"And I don't like it when you do this," I counter.

"I'm doing something?" he asks.

"Yes. You're studying my eyes to try and figure out if something happened. You do this instead of asking and I don't appreciate it," I tell him.

"I do this because if I ask you, you'll lie," he says.

"Not all the time," I say.

"Okay. Did something happen?" he asks.

"No," I lie.

"See?" he says and I sigh with a roll of my eyes.

"Can we just finish the movie? I don't want to talk about it," I say and he sighs, kisses my forehead, and resumes the movie before pulling me into his side with his arm wrapped around my waist.

Hiccup's P.O.V.

Astrid fell asleep on my shoulder soon after we resumed the movie. I have no idea why, but our smallest argument can put her out like a light. "Hiccup, Astrid, I'm home!" my dad called as he walked through the door.

"In here, Dad!" I called and he walked into the living room before freezing as he saw Astrid's state. "It's okay, she's asleep," I tell him.

"Shouldn't we keep our voices down?" he whispers.

"No, when she's like this, a nuclear bomb can't wake her up," I tell him and he chuckles before sitting in the recliner. "So, you're home early," I comment.

"Slow day at the office. I wasn't really needed anymore so I decided to come home and spend the evening with you and Astrid. Obviously I'm a little late," he ends in amusement.

"Yeah, she's been sleeping less and less every night. Let me just put her to bed real quick," I say and slowly pick her up bridle-style before carrying her upstairs to her room. I lay her on her bed and cover her with the blanket before kissing her forehead and turning out the light. I went downstairs and cleared the pizza box and soda cans before sitting back on the couch.

"So, is she stable yet?" Dad asks.

"Nope. Because she was never unstable," I tell him before he chuckles.

"So, you're giving up the act, eh?"

"Yup. And let me tell you, since I dropped out of the bet, I have been so much more relaxed," I say.

"Aren't you worried about her finding out about it?" he asks.

"I am. I wake up every morning terrified that she's gonna hear about it. But I am prepared to accept it if we aren't meant to be together..."