Chapter 17

Astrid's P.O.V.

Mom was still asleep when I got home and I had decided to put on a grey tank top under the dress, not realizing how much of my chest it showed until comparing it to my normal clothes. I slip on my boots and make two small braids in my hair. I string them through the holes in my ears and weave them into a larger braid that draped over my shoulder. I grab whatever money I can find and stuff it into my bag before slipping my beanie onto my head. I look at myself in my full-body mirror and, I have to admit, the shirt made it look a little weird, but then...it matched my habits. They are weird. Not liking the breeze on my legs as I walked around my apartment, I slipped some denim shorts on under the skirt. It didn't look any different but it was a heck of a lot more comfortable. I sit in the living room, seeing it was only 7:20. After about five minutes, a knock sounds at the door. I pause before going to answer it. Hiccup's eyes widen as he stares at me, making me a little uncomfortable.

Hiccup's P.O.V.

"Y-You're early," Astrid says quietly, looking at her feet.

"I can wait if you're not ready," I tell her distractedly as I examined her. She was in a blue dress that blended with her ocean eyes. Although, the touch of grey made it look a little bland, but just the right amount. I'm shaken from my thoughts as she moves, shaking her head the slightest bit before closing her door behind her. She then walks down the hall, leaving me to stare after her before following. If that's what she's wearing, she's definitely gonna fit in where I'm taking her.

Astrid's P.O.V.

I tried not to go rigid as Hiccup pulled into the parking lot of a fancy Italian place. "Uh...is that-" he cuts me off.

"Where we're eating? Yup," he says as he parks the car.

"Um, I can't afford that," I tell him.

"Good!" he says with a smile as he get out of the car.

"What do you mean good?" I ask as I get out as well.

"Uh, I'm paying," he says as if talking to a little kid. 

"Mmh, no," I say only to have him look at me in amusement.

"Would you like me to remind you of our deal?" he asks and I stiffen. That will be told after the deal is sealed. And if you back out, I'm sorry to say that you will be revealed as the one who defaced school property, had been his words. I shake my head quickly and he nods before taking my hand and pulling me inside.

3rd P.O.V.

Hiccup and Astrid are seated on a balcony, candles and lights lighting their table and surroundings. Astrid was examining everything around her while Hiccup stared at her intently. He was trying his hardest to take in her beauty but he was struggling with focusing on one part of it. When a waiter came to take their drinks, Astrid paused before ordering a water.

"Are you sure?" Hiccup asks and she drops her menu before looking at him in exasperation.

"If I wasn't sure, I would've asked for another minute," she says through gritted teeth. Hiccup raises his eye brows and hands in surrender.  The waiter chuckles before walking away, leaving them to study the menu. Astrids eyes darted from the prices to the items, looking for the cheapest thing. Her heart dropped as she saw that the cheapest thing was a salad for $20.99. She exhales deeply as she thought about how much money she brought.

"Astrid?" Hiccup's voice makes her look up from the menu, reluctantly. "You can order what ever you want, okay? Your eyes are telling me that you're looking for the least expensive item so you can try to pay for it," he says.

"Blabber mouths," Astrid mutters before Hiccup chuckles.

"Oh, and by the way, if you dare raise a finger for the check when it comes, you'll regret it," he says to have his date stiffen like a plank. 

"Y-..." she breaks off to bury her lips in her knuckles as Hiccup leans forward the slightest bit. He simply smirked as she hoped the evening would go without him cashing in his second 'anything'.

"So, do you know what you're gonna get?" he asks and she hesitates before nodding and putting her menu down. "Good, because I seem to remember that I have one more 'anything' for you to do," he says before Astrid seemed to try and keep herself from collapsing.

"Okay, fine. What is it?" she forces her voice to work.

"You have to do whatever I say. All evening. First, you have to answer any question I throw at you, and answer them honestly," he says, his voice sounding like an evil sneer in her ears.

"I-I can't do that," she stutters and Hiccup pull out his phone before showing her the contact list.

"You know I have Principal on speed dial," he tells her.

"Y-y-you, you wouldn't," she says, her voice half hopeful, half doubtful. Hiccups thumb darts for the call button before hovering over it.

"Test me?" he asks. Astrid debated it in her head. Pro for no: she could continue to handle her problems the way she handles them. Con for non: She gets outed as the vandal.  Pro: She'll continue to have privacy. Con: She'll get outed as the vandal. Pro: She already cleaned it so it's like it never happened. Con: She'll get outed as the vandal. "🎶Tick tock, Astrid🎶," Hiccup sings, breaking Astrid from her one-sided debate. She looked at him to see his thumb almost touching the screen.

"Okay, okay, fine!" she says in a rush and he closes the call screen before putting his phone away.

"There's a good girl," he says, making her want to shrink under her skin. She put her hands in her lap and squared her shoulders, anxiously waiting for the first question...