~23~

February 16th, 1964

After a day of rehearsing for their second appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show, the day finally came where they would perform once again.

"I'm feeling much better about this performance." George brushes his hair in the mirror while talking to Beth, who is sitting on the couch behind him.

"Thats good to hear! You did great last week!"

"Thanks. Sorry about being any trouble. I always overthink these kinds of things." He puts the comb down and sighs, sitting next to Beth. He extends his arm and puts it around her, and Beth snuggles up to him.

"I guess it's because of all the sudden publicity. I mean, it feels like just yesterday I was playing guitar for the first time, now here I am."

"Time flies when you're having fun." Beth gives him a kiss on the cheek, and George smiles. Just then, the door opens and a man with headphones and a notebook runs in.

"Mr. Harrison! You're on in five minutes!" He says frantically.

"Oh jeez! Sorry, Beth!" He says quickly while standing up from the couch and dashes out the door in a flash, waving his lanky arms.

Beth picks up her stuff and rushes out to the observation/production room, which has a great view of the stage. She meets Audrey up there, and the two of them sit together and look at the soundboards and screens spread out across the desks.

"Wow, would you look at that!" Audrey looks at the high quality tv screen showing the empty stage.

They hear the faint cheers of fans coming from the audience. But soon, it seems as if they're in the same room as the Beatles are introduced on stage. One of the sound people hands Audrey and Beth earplugs just in case, and smiles at them.

Beth and Audrey clap and smile as the four boys bounce onto the stage while waving at the crowd.

And so, the concert goes on. You can barely hear anything as usual. They finally come to a close and hop off stage, and Beth and Audrey run off to meet them.

"Wooohoo!" Beth and Audrey clap as they approach the boys, giving each other high fives.

Later, they all headed to a party they were invited to. Fancy people stood everywhere and clinked their glasses together. The boys felt out of place with their mop top haircuts and blue suits, but continued on. The music was bland and boring, and the people talked about politics. Seriously, only politics. Nothing else.

They tried to strike up conversations, but with their bubbly personalities, they weirded out all the high class folks. No matter how famous the Beatles were, the elders looked down upon them as measly little bugs.

"Im about to fall asleep!" Ringo yawns while talking to the group. The rest of them agree and stand awkwardly, until John spots a guitar laying against a wall in the corner, and has an idea. Without hesitation, he scurries over to the guitar and picks it up, smirking along the way. The rest of the confused group follows, but soon catches on. Ringo goes to the side and grabs a small table to make a beat on. John begins to play "I Wanna Be Your Man" on the guitar, and Ringo taps along, smiling and bouncing his head as he usually does. The rest of the group begins to dance together, creating loud thumps on the floor as they tap their heels about.

Everyone in the room stops and stares at them, complaining.

"What on earth are they doing?"

"How dare they call that music?"

"Somebody kick them out!"

"Childish! Simply childish!"

But the group doesnt care, and keeps dancing. Beth and George begin to dance together, as well as Paul and Audrey. At the same time, Paul and George lift their partners up in the air, and they do the splits mid air, exposing their undergarments. Beth and Audrey giggle as they rise higher than anyone in the room, before coming back down safely. They all laugh with each other and continue to dance. That is, until a big well fitted bald man walks up to them, nearly exploding with rage.

"All of you! Out!" He demands, and they quickly shuffle out, laughing along the way. An upset Brian walks up to them and stares them in the eye.

"I don't want to see this type of behaviour anymore. This is the third time!" He scolds them.

"Cmon, Bri! We gotta live while we're young!" Paul talks back, and Brian sighs.

"Don't be cheeky. Now, the cab's waiting for ya." Brian sighs and walks towards the door, and the group follows.